Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys I currently own a 2002 camry SE V6

I am looking for strut...
I found one TRD strut for 700 US dollars include shipping . is it too much??

and the strut is for 1997-2001 will it fits in my car ??
or anyother good strut fits in my camry ??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -KamRy- on 2002-05-07 02:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha..
if I buy ur strut set.. I have to adjust my camber...
it's too much to do ..
rather buy full kit

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think thats a nice deal .

Luc got his used TRD struts for the same price.

My cousin got for his solara for $1278.

I dont know they will fit on your car.

Email here : [email protected]

You can ask them that TRD struts will fit or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Camcrazy on 2002-05-07 09:12 ]</font>

·
There is no substitute.
7,347 Posts
On 2002-05-07 02:29, -KamRy- wrote:
haha..
if I buy ur strut set.. I have to adjust my camber...
it's too much to do ..
rather buy full kit
Please explain, what does strut have to do with camber???

What do you mean it's too much to do? You still have to take out your springs/struts altogher in order to change either of them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Kamry,

I don't think the 2001 and past will fit our 2002 Cams and $700 US is a lot. Have you changed your springs yet? H&R makes it for our cars and if you have, please let me know how they are. I was considering doing them but oil changes are soooo easy w/ the stock springs. No need to jack the car at all.

As well, if you have done any other mods, please let me know. You might also want to consider doing the Y-pipe b/c the stocker is rediculous. Goto http://www.picturetrail.com/ and type in "sev6" for the album to visit. Take a look as it is worth your while.

Thanks,

·
Registered
72 Posts
hi Se v6,

My cousin paid $1278 Shipped few months back :eek: for TRD struts .

What you think of that deal ? :razz: lol

Well I would have got the TRD struts at that price too.. but
probably I will be selling my car next year.

Just Waiting for Nissan 350Z

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: camcrazy on 2002-05-07 12:11 ]</font>

·
Registered
187 Posts
Camcrazy,

Well, I hope those are adjustable TRD struts!!! And way to go on the 350Z. Make sure you go for the sport/racing package (forgot what it's called). That is a smoking deal considering you're getting Volks and Brembo brakes all round for only $1,600!! Not to mention stiffer suspension, etc.

Enjoy!

·
Blazin...
1,440 Posts
kamry: told ya man u dont need to fix up ur camber... only time u really need it is if u drop ur car way too low and it changes ur camber otherwise it is not needed... even ISgirl's drop didnt require camber adjustment or camber kits to work cos the wheels were still straight... when i dropped my car i didnt need it either... like i said man 700 bucks american plus import fees hehehee kinda steep if u ask me just for shocks... try to get springs too while u're at it... that way it saves u the labor and u put both shocks and springs in at the same time... good luck man...

humpty

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
On 2002-05-07 12:21, SE V6 wrote:
Camcrazy,

Well, I hope those are adjustable TRD struts!!!
Nope, it's called TRD's mark-up on the Bilstein-produced struts. The only thing adjustable is TRD's pricing! Though mine were used (~ 1 year), but for $650, they are still great since 11/00.

Luc

·
Registered
72 Posts
hi ,

Which package you are refering to ?

Model Equipment MSRP

350Z 6MT 3.5L DOHC 24-valve V6, CVTCS, Dual outlet exhaust, drive-by-wire throttle, carbon-fiber driveshaft, 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels, vented front and rear disc brakes with ABS, Electronic Brake force Distribution, Nissan Direct Ignition System (NDIS), automatic temperature control, 160-watt AM/FM/CD with 6 speakers, power windows/door locks and mirrors, remote keyless entry, vehicle security system, leather steering wheel and shifter boot $26,269

Enthusiast Model 6MT
Standard features plus:
Xenon headlamps, HomeLink Universal Transceiver, cruise control, Traction Control System (TCS), viscous limited-slip differential, aluminum pedals, day/night auto rearview mirror, dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors $28,249

Enthusiast Model 5AT (w/manual mode)

Standard features plus: Xenon headlamps, HomeLink Universal Transceiver, cruise control, Traction Control System (TCS), viscous limited-slip differential, aluminum pedals, day/night auto rearview mirror, dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors $29,219

Performance Model 6MT

Standard features plus: Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), tire air pressure monitor, 18-inch aluminum wheels and tires, Xenon headlamps, HomeLink Universal Transceiver, cruise control, Traction Control System (TCS), viscous limited-slip differential, aluminum pedals, day/night auto rearview mirror, dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors $30,429

Touring Model 6MT

Standard features plus: 240-watt Bose CD6 with cassette and 7 speakers, leather-appointed seats, 4-way power driver’s seat, 2-way power passenger’s seat, heated seats, heated mirrors, Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), tire air pressure monitor, 18-inch aluminum wheels and tires, Xenon headlamps, HomeLink Universal Transceiver, cruise control, Traction Control System (TCS), viscous limited-slip differential, aluminum pedals, day/night auto rearview mirror, dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors $33,179 .

Touring Model 5AT (w/manual mode)

Standard features plus: 240-watt Bose CD6 with cassette and 7 speakers, leather-appointed seats, 4-way power driver’s seat, 2-way power passenger’s seat, heated seats, heated mirrors, Xenon headlamps, HomeLink Universal Transceiver, cruise control, Traction Control System (TCS), viscous limited-slip differential, aluminum pedals, day/night auto rearview mirror, dual illuminated visor mirrors $31,589

Track Model 6MT

Standard features plus: Front and rear spoiler, 18-inch tires and lightweight aluminum wheels, vented Brembo brakes, Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), tire air pressure monitor, Xenon headlamps, HomeLink Universal Transceiver, cruise control, Traction Control System (TCS), viscous limited-slip differential, aluminum pedals, day/night auto rearview mirror, dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors $34,079

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: camcrazy on 2002-05-07 13:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here in Canada, we only have 3 models...

performance, touring and track pack. The track pack includes the brakes, spoiler, Volk 18" Rims, etc for only $1,600 more (over the standard performance model) for a total of $46,500 CDN. Maybe you should buy it here instead! :smile:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Some people are saying that its better to wait 1 Yr after its launch as the bugs will get worked out ?

Confused !! :roll:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I asked a few TRD dealer and TRD USA

all of them told me it won't fit in to new Camry~~ I guess 700 US dollars is good deal.. but there is no point to buy it when I can't use it .. if anyone of u guys want to buy it e-mail to [email protected]

I think he still has 1 set left.. and it's brand new TRD strut for 1997 til 2001

1 - 14 of 14 Posts