Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a aftermarket alarm in my 2002 Highlander and now every now and again when I unlock the vehicle with the aftermarket alarm thr drivers window rolls down a bit????

·
Now - 2011 Explorer Ltd
376 Posts
Driver's Window

I just put a aftermarket alarm in my 2002 Highlander and now every now and again when I unlock the vehicle with the aftermarket alarm thr drivers window rolls down a bit????
I think you have just discovered what the vehicle is designed to do. I had an '02 HL Ltd and now have an '06. When you insert the key in the driver's door and turn it to the right and hold it in that position, the window goes down. Hold it over in the left position, and the window goes up.
Also, when unlocking the driver's side door, if you turn the key once to the right quickly and release, the driver's door unlocks. If you turn the key to the right 2 times quickly, all the doors unlock. Doing the same to the left, will lock the driver's door or all doors. At least this is what mine does.

Peter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

thanks for the help Peter thats pretty much what I was thinking I don't think there is anything I can do about it though

·
Now - 2011 Explorer Ltd
376 Posts
thanks for the help Peter thats pretty much what I was thinking I don't think there is anything I can do about it though
I added an interesting note to your other post "2002 highlander locks and windows". I did not see it before replying to this one. I don't know if that will help narrowing down the problem though.

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts