Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this car 3 weeks ago, had the tiking belt replaced and after vsc and check engine light is on. Now i discover that 3 fuses/relays are missing. I don't know it this could be the reason why those lights are on. I have to go back to the shop or maybe I could do this myself . The car is running ok but I noticed that the radiator fan are not working even after a 30 minute drive around town. Any advise?

Attachments

·
Squirrel Chaser Extraordinaire
2004 Highlander Base
267 Posts
Look down into two of the relay connectors....you have no terminals in there. Consequently, you never had relays installed in those sockets.

Even though the relay socket next to the headlamp relay socket has terminals installed, this relay socket is struck through on the fuse / relay block legend. You also never had a relay installed in that socket. It is the same way on my 2004 Base model, and always has been. Your fuse compliment is also complete, so no worries there.

Read the codes from the vehicle to see which are present, and troubleshoot according to the current codes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look down into two of the relay connectors....you have no terminals in there. Consequently, you never had relays installed in those sockets.

Even though the relay socket next to the headlamp relay socket has terminals installed, this relay socket is struck through on the fuse / relay block legend. You also never had a relay installed in that socket. It is the same way on my 2004 Base model, and always has been. Your fuse compliment is also complete, so no worries there.

Read the codes from the vehicle to see which are present, and troubleshoot according to the current codes.
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts