Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a aftermarket alarm in my 2002 highlander and now once in awhile when I disarm the system my drivers window rolls down a bit?? any Ideas? the alarm workd the door locks just fine and this vehicle has an option of rolling the window up and down with the door key.

·
Now - 2011 Explorer Ltd
377 Posts
I just installed a aftermarket alarm in my 2002 highlander and now once in awhile when I disarm the system my drivers window rolls down a bit?? any Ideas? the alarm workd the door locks just fine and this vehicle has an option of rolling the window up and down with the door key.
Just saw this, your second post after I replied to the first about the window up/down option. Sorry, I'm not sure what the problem may be but I would guess that there is some interaction between the alarm locking/unlocking action and the vehicle's program.
I just tried mine and found out an interesting thing. I inserted the key in the lock and held it to the left to put the window up and then almost immediately turned the key once to the right to unlock the door. In doing so, the window went down about 1/2 inch. If I put the window up and waited about 5 seconds or more before unlocking the door, the window remained shut. I tried this several times with the same results.
I tried the same thing from inside the vehicle by using the power button to close the window after the ignition was turned off and then using the power unlock button and everything worked as it should. The window stayed shut.
I'm no expert, but it would appear that perhaps the program initiated by the key lock is somehow receiving a momentary burst of power from the alarm system thereby causing the window to open slightly. GOOD LUCK!

Peter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts