Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am new here to the forum. I just brought home this 2002 Corolla S and it has had the transmission replaced recently by the previous owner with a low-mileage (50-60k mi) JDM transmission. He works as a mechanic at a dealership and told me that he did all the work himself. He also mentioned that there were several distinct differences between the USDM and JDM transmissions that required him to use different length CV axles from a Celica or other model.

My question is, do both versions of the transmission share the same output shaft seals, or is there a separate part number that I should look for? I also don't understand why he didn't replace the seals before installing the trans, but maybe they looked ok to start with. Either way I am frustrated that I can't drive the car until this gets fixed. Thanks in advance!

Tire Shoe Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok that is good to know 👍 Thanks for the tip on C-clips I will check to make sure that it’s present. I honestly haven’t done much work on CV axles before so this is new to me. I found a few very helpful YouTube videos on it though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts