Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2002 Rav4 Wheels on 2000 Camry - PICS

Hi all,

After much mucking around finding the correct lug nuts I finally got my OEM 5 spoke 2002 RAV4 16" x 7" alloys on my 2000 Camry V6 Csi. Tires are Toyo Transpath SW 225/50 R16's

The idea came about as I wanted 16"s and the 2nd hand factory Rav alloys came up at the right price.

I needed long shank 12mmx1.5 mag nuts with two std width mag nut washers (to stop bottoming out on the hub preventing a tight fit) and 12mmx1.5 mag wheel lock with one std width mag nut washer. These were available under the brand Wheel Doctor in many spares stores.

I may source some double width washers later but was in a hurry for now so used two std width washers. For now all wheels have checked solid, no vibrations or offset problems at all.

Apols if this is elementary and there's 100 people with writeups on the web as I wans't able to find much. Here or googling.

Cost was approx $50AUS for long shank mag nuts and $20AUS for locks and washers.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
3,192 Posts
yep, i've seen few gen 4 with the same above and BLACK bumpers. What i like about aussie camry's is that..the headlights itself integrate the parking lamps and the headlights (its the same bulb what i thought was a lower wattage going to the bulb). The corners just emit indicator..(not parking). WHat i LOVE about the aussie camrys is they had a/c vents for the rear passangers (the one's i've seen int eh middle east..made in australia) its sits behind the armrest deck...NICE!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers ! :D

They have a really good rep here in Aus. Only had it 3 weeks and every person I bump into (brake machining guy, windscreen guy, friends, etc) all say they just go forever.

There's a few diffs to the US specs in my Chilton's like we've got a auto aerial and US is wire aerial in rear window.

ABS and airbags, and elec windows are optional. Mines the pov pack so manual everything (except steering and locking).

And no Solara's unfortunately (smelly BitsRShitty/Mitsubishi used that name for their Magna sedan).

How much do you guys pay for gen4 extra keys/remotes ?

(have already converted to US$)

I had to pay $56 for a key blank. $21 for remote. $22 for key cutting and programming of key and remote - free from toyo dealer.

Total : $99.00

1 other thing - does anyone check their own plugs on a V6 ? I know they're platinum and go for ages but I wanted to check all of them for gap and burn.

I got as far as doing the front 3 then gave up on the remainder when I found the entwined viper nest that is the intake manifold covering the rear bank and gave up.

·
yah ..... okay
383 Posts
looks good !!!!!

planning to drop your car ?????
btw i like your grill ..... it's different from what we got here in North America =)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
dna59
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing