Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this past weekend I got the new starter in and went to start the vehicle. it turns over just fine but won’t actually kick off and start. There are no engine codes, both EFI fuses are still good, and I’m 99.9 percent sure everything was connected back up.
A shop I talked to said to disconnect both battery terminals for 24 hours to discharge any capacitors to maybe reset the throttle body calibration or something, but that didn’t work.
I did have to remove the fuel rails to get the intake manifold off to get to the starter, so I was thinking maybe there could be air in the lines.
But I’ve been told the fuel lines are self bleeding, and I cannot find any place to bleed any air out anyways.
Any ideas as to what could be keeping it from starting?
Wife is driving my Tundra until this gets fixed, and I’d like my truck back!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Make sure you are using the right key, and that your chip immobilizer system is working properly (unfortunately I've never had issues with this on my Sequoia so I can't help you on troubleshooting that). The chip immobilizer really only prevents ignition, so all other systems may be working properly.

I've never checked before, but is there a place to check for fuel pressure on the Sequoia? If so, you could make sure you're getting pressure.

But what made you replace the starter in the first place? It's possible you had additional problems elsewhere.

--Chris N.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. Using the same key she always uses, so that shouldn’t be an issue.
The starter was starting to not pull in fast enough when the key was released. It was grinding more and more so I decided to do an easy starter change job. Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts