Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

brand new to the board here btw and i've already searched

i was wondering what kind prices people are paying for a supercharger for a solara? 2002 sle v6 3.0L (automatic) to be exact? i dont know much about this car since i been paying most of my attention to hondas/acuras ;)

i currently own a 7thgen generation civic and moving up to swap cars with my sister to her 2002 Solara :rolleyes: my first future modification that came to my mind was the trd supercharger. i snooped around websites such as trdperformance.com but didnt find a SC for my application :dunno: but from viewing the other SC's for other toyota applications, i seen prices such as $4000:eek:

if anyone can link me or hand out some sites about the 2002 solara SC, id appriceate it:rockon:

thanks,
Tommy

·
The Smashing Pumpkins
335 Posts
It Does Not replace your ECU.

The S/C should be around $2400-2500 for your car. You can keep searching and wait for a good deal for that amount. If you can't wait, then it'll cost around $2700- $2800 from a dealership or Toyotaparts4u.com. Remember, it does not replace your ecu. It will come with EBC as a feature. It's only really useful on autos. The pulley will only provide 4lbs of boost, although you can upgrade later on with other mods to accomodate more boost. There is also a a TRD strut tower bar in the package for Solaras.

NOTE: It isn't designed to work with VVTI models though. Not sure if your year has it. Check under the hood if you're not sure what you have.

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Yup, everything rapdoesn'tsux2000 :p: said is correct.

as a sidenote, if you manage to come across a SC advertised as being for the Camry, it's compatible. Also, if you come across a REALLY good deal advertised for a manual tranny, that'll work too provided you change the EGR pipe. Good luck and welcome to TN. You're such a nice brother :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys.

yes, the solara is a VVTI model.

hmm.. i talked to my rents' about it and my old man told me i shouldn't mess with the engine since its under warranty still. hes real anal when it comes to modding cars, but what came to my mind was: "will a S/C cause more stress onto the engine?" meaning the engine has to push its limits futher. :confused:

does anybody have aftermarket wheels on their 2002 solara? im trying to get a basic figure of how rims would look like on a gold solara 02. specifically 19".

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
i've always assumed that the 3.0 1mzfe w/ vvti didn't come in gen 1 and gen 1.5 solaras. Surely the 2.4 4 banger 2az had the vvti on the 02&03, but he's taking SLE, hence its got to be imzfe 4speed auto. I don't think that solara's came with 1mz 5speed auto (as what came in Camry's and Es300's). Get a quote from toysports and talk to Eddie Haback (from kindhook toyota). He usually matches (or beats) prices. If i see somethign onlike i like, i call him to see if he's selling and sure enough, he's always had a better price.

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
02_SLE_6 said:
thanks guys.

yes, the solara is a VVTI model.

hmm.. i talked to my rents' about it and my old man told me i shouldn't mess with the engine since its under warranty still. hes real anal when it comes to modding cars, but what came to my mind was: "will a S/C cause more stress onto the engine?" meaning the engine has to push its limits futher. :confused:

does anybody have aftermarket wheels on their 2002 solara? im trying to get a basic figure of how rims would look like on a gold solara 02. specifically 19".
The TRD S/C does not void your cars warranty since its made by Toyota/TRD plus the S/C is warrantied itself, second because your Solie is VVT-i the S/C is not compatible with it, and to make it work properly you will have to void the warranty of the S/C and car

We are currently working on a TT for 1MZ that will work with the VVT-i models as well as the non-VVt-i engines. Info can be found on here as well as my site. Shiftgate is making a turbo set-up also, but I do not know if it is compatible with VVT-i engines.

You can PM Zoni_Camry and ask him, he is one of the test cars for Shiftgate and works very closely with them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.