Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time on site so I'm open to comments to what I might be doing wrong but hears my question: I just bought a 2002 Toyota Prerunner DoubleCab 4-Door and I can't find the module for the keyless entry, mine has it but it's not working so I wanted to troubleshoot the system but I can't seem to find it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
01 & 04 S-Runners
567 Posts
What makes you believe you have remote keyless entry? Keyless entry wasn't a factory option until the 2003 model year (with the Power Package). Do you have an aftermarket system installed or something? ....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
keyless entry

I went through the testing process that Toyota had me go through and when I finished if the locks locked and unlocked once by themselves they said I had a factory unit and it did so I do.

·
Registered
01 & 04 S-Runners
567 Posts
In that case, look down in the area behind / around the left kick panel. That's where the TVIP ECU ought to be ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks but I've already looked there and it's not there, don't worry about it I'm going to have a new aftermarket unit installed but thanks anyway

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where you from in Ohio, I was born and raised in owensboro, ky and I was just back there about 4 weeks ago, dam what hell damage they got, I was living there when the two F-3 tornados went through o'boro in Jan. 2000, my house was one of the first houses hit when the tornados came into the city limits.

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
Thanks but I've already looked there and it's not there, don't worry about it I'm going to have a new aftermarket unit installed but thanks anyway
I couldn't find mine either. I bought my truck used with just a key for the ignition and no key fob. I am pretty sure mine has it because I have power door locks, power windows, and my key with one turn locks or unlocks all of the doors simultaneously.

maybe i should just get a key fob off of ebay and go thru the programming instructions that they give??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts