Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recurring evap codes. just realized i never have pressure when opening the gas cap, whic is new. So is the filler neck and tank, part of frame replacement.

Suspects?

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
2,345 Posts
What are the codes? Usually is the vac. switch on the evap canister. I doubt the neck and tank are part of the frame replacement program unless once viseable they're as rusted as the frame and then you might have a legit argument for replacement.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P0446. That is all that is left since changing the gas cap. The fuel filler, etc, were replaced during the frame replacement as extra cost. Previous owner had it done

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, thanks. Seems there are a lot of "possible" part numbers. Without removing the canister, assuming there is a readable part number, how can I tell which is the correct one? And where can I get one "cheap"?

There are even different versions for the canister, between 2WD and 4WD. Maybe the valve is the same, but . . .

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
2,345 Posts
Mind you I'm driving a T100, It could be the purge valve is stuck open or the switching valve.
These are the P/N for each but you need to diagonose the issue before throwing parts at it.
Not sure on your Tacoma but I had to take the canister out on my T100 3.4 ,V6 and it's no big deal. You can look for part numbers then.
Amazon, Rock-Auto etc. If you don't want the expense of the OEM Denso units Dorman makes cheap ones.
Haven't heard anything one way or another on the quailty. The switches can be cleaned when removed.

Use this site and put in your VIN and search "Emissions" then you can scroll down and find which p/n is on your truck.
https://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q.html
Below are from Amazon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts