Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 02 Tundra approx. 285K miles... Went into a store and realized I left lights on... Truck wouldn't start... got a jump and turned over but wouldn't stay on unless I kept foot on gas... changed
negative battery terminal . Had corrision..
Started quickly but wouldn't stay running...once put in drive stalled almost immediately...Would a bad battery cause this? Ill pull battery tomorrow and get it tested... but what else should i test or do prior to buying a battery / alternator / etc

·
13,395 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

It's a feature that the ECU when it loses power that it needs to relearn the fuel maps. You'll need to start it and keep the RPMs around 2000 RPMs fer about 10 minutes. Yer engine should be able to run after that without any problems. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Again.. Put in. A new battery...truck starts but if you don't hold down gas it stalls....i can get it moving but once idle goes low it stalls... Have to put in neutral and rev if slowing down or stopping... trying the raeving again at 200 rpm for 10 min... any other thoughts or next steps...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it's running again ...
#1 changed battery
#2 changed out 2 vacume hoses that had visible cracks on both ends
#3 cleaned throttle body with spray and rags...
Wouldn't stay running at idle..after new battery
After cleaning throttle body and hoses the truck started right up and reset the idle speed within 1 minute...
Thanks for the input

·
13,395 Posts
Glad yer back up and running again! :)

Stick around and post up some piccies of yer Tundra! ;)

·
13,395 Posts
Did you disconnect the TPS or any other electrical sensor when you cleaned the throttle body? How dirty was the throttle body? ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
2 Participants
BamZipPow
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing