Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Highland
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
scrambled: I went ahead and installed the hack per the Lexus RX300 post. It works. I recorded the details on my previous post........
"Gonna need to do the knock sensors....anybody done the HACK? see post no. 9"
Haya....
Well I finally have a little time to do this now, just to be sure can you confirm that plug E4 on the ECU where wires 27 black and 28 clear/white for the knock sensors are, this is the plug at the very bottom, the largest of the plugs on the ECU?

·
Registered
2003 Highlander
619 Posts
Scrambled: It's just like the Lexus pictures. Don't be afraid to remove some of the tape and sheath wrapping from around the wire bundles to make it easier to get at the wires. Disconnect all three terminal blocks too. I twisted the two wires (27 and 28) together then used a crimp connector and extended the lead with another six inches of wire to make it easier to manipulate. I then used insulated crimp-on spade connectors. Easy-peasy. Haya....

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Highland
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Scrambled: It's just like the Lexus pictures. Don't be afraid to remove some of the tape and sheath wrapping from around the wire bundles to make it easier to get at the wires. Disconnect all three terminal blocks too. I twisted the two wires (27 and 28) together then used a crimp connector and extended the lead with another six inches of wire to make it easier to manipulate. I then used insulated crimp-on spade connectors. Easy-peasy. Haya....
I had everything apart last week and had the tape peeled off the wires just didn't have the time. I really thought I'd looked at all the bbn posts and photos but somehow missed those great pictures on the Lexus forum you had linked and that confirmed the plug and wires I needed to splice. I had identified them earlier but hesitated to cut wires to the ECU unless I was 100% sure I had the right ones. Once I started it was less than 10 minutes, took it for a drive and no codes and it ran great! So glad for all the help! Next project is to replace my noisy alternator, its ordered and shipping from Rock Auto.

·
Registered
2003 Highlander
619 Posts
Cool. Good for you.
Don't you just love the web. I know I have saved tons of $ with little tips and tricks like this. Did I ever tell you about how I fixed the problem with the Helmholz resonator on my Audi?
Right. What's a Helmholz resonator.....
Haya....

·
Registered
2003 Highlander
619 Posts
scrambled: BTW I just recently repaired my alternator, ie replaced the big bearing. Anyway you will likely need to replace the belt adjuster assembly. They typically get rusted-frozen and will break upon trying to loosen. Here is a link to the one I bought. Worked good.
Haya....

21 - 25 of 25 Posts