Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the original owner and I just hit 118,000 miles. Two weeks ago I noticed when using the trunk release by my driver’s seat that little finger area was wet. the mechanic said a hose was clogged with leaves and he removed them. But the area is still leaking. I insert a folded paper towel there 10 times a day and it’s always squishy wet and I hardly drive the garaged car. Where is the water coming from?

·
Registered
05 camry 07 tacoma
3,434 Posts
Return to mechanic he probably didn't get it completely unpluged.

·
Registered
05 camry 07 tacoma
3,434 Posts
Sorry don't have info on location.
Possible drain for sun roof if you have one or A/C drain in which case should also be wet on passenger side floor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry don't have info on location.
Possible drain for sun roof if you have one or A/C drain in which case should also be wet on passenger side floor.
I do not have a sun roof and it is not wet on the passenger side. It is only settling water by that drivers trunk release. That’s why I wanted to know where it’s originating and taking what route.

·
Registered
05 camry 07 tacoma
3,434 Posts
Sorry its a mystery to me also.
May be your mechanic has an answer.
Let us know what you find out.

·
イリジウム
14,129 Posts
Yeah, I'd think the AC drain will cause water pooling on the passenger side by the left foot.

Anyway, check the drain holes at the bottom of the door, as well as the weather seals.

Put some paper towels in the area, and have a helper hose it down from the outside with a garden hose. Search for leak points on the inside.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I am the original owner and I just hit 118,000 miles. Two weeks ago I noticed when using the trunk release by my driver’s seat that little finger area was wet. the mechanic said a hose was clogged with leaves and he removed them. But the area is still leaking. I insert a folded paper towel there 10 times a day and it’s always squishy wet and I hardly drive the garaged car. Where is the water coming from?
There is no hose there. At best the rocker area might have a weep hole. I have a 2003 Camry and there is no hose in that location. Why would there be a hose? First the only ways water could get into that area baring someone in the car spilling something in that area would be through an open window, a leaking door seal or a rusted hole in the rocker panel letting water some how get in . Well humidity combined with AC or cold temps could do it as well but I doubt it would ever be enough that you could feel it with fingers!

No coolant or washer solvent or any other liquid containing line goes past the underside of the dash. The AC drain line is under the car on the passenger between the transition point between firewall and floor pan. Is your car low on coolant? Does the heat work?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is no hose there. At best the rocker area might have a weep hole. I have a 2003 Camry and there is no hose in that location. Why would there be a hose? First the only ways water could get into that area baring someone in the car spilling something in that area would be through an open window, a leaking door seal or a rusted hole in the rocker panel letting water some how get in . Well humidity combined with AC or cold temps could do it as well but I doubt it would ever be enough that you could feel it with fingers!

No coolant or washer solvent or any other liquid containing line goes past the underside of the dash. The AC drain line is under the car on the passenger between the transition point between firewall and floor pan. Is your car low on coolant? Does the heat work?
Yes, the heat does work. My mechanic suggested that I take the car outside and keep it running every day for a week with the heat on. I haven’t done that. I keep it in my garage with all the windows open and my garage window open on good weather days.

and I am still changing the folded paper towel whenever I am in that area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, the heat does work. My mechanic suggested that I take the car outside and keep it running every day for a week with the heat on. I haven’t done that. I keep it in my garage with all the windows open and my garage window open on good weather days.

and I am still changing the folded paper towel whenever I am in that area.
Mechanic said to run it for a half hour every day for a week.

·
Registered
05 camry 07 tacoma
3,434 Posts
If you want to dry it out, instead of running the car use a hair dryer for faster results.

·
Registered
855 Posts
No I asked about the heat and the amount of coolant because that is the last line of liquid that comes into car. No liquid from the car goes further than that. AC drain is on the passenger side and external to car and no liquid comes in from the car that is water in air.

It is too easy for a fat guy like me with joint and heart issues and obesitya nd diabetes to pull back some carpet and feel around and sniff around.

I think this is a troll or liar. If this was any easier to figure out a deaf, blind mute could get to the bottom if it. This is not a complicated issue like trying to figure out a wiring issues. No competent mechanic could fail to figure this out and if he could not I suspect this guy was not willing to pay for the mechanics knowledge and experience.

I HATE being lied to do not "Urinate in my face then tell me it's raining!" I am not going to help someone that can not figure this out. Something does not check out with this story. Maybe it is a translation error but it just feels wrong to me!

I have this exact same year, make and model! It might as well be " I lost my cell phone in the car and can not find it my mechanic told me and he can not find my cell phone either!".

Gota be a troll!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts