Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Camry Le
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to ToyotaNation so bare with me.

I own a 2003 Camry LE (with moonroof and alloy wheels) that's been given to me by my mom. When I got it, everything is stock so what I did is I changed the dome light to blue, tinted the windows, tinted taillights, and recently installed HIDs (8000k). I will be posting up pictures up later.

I found a site where they are selling fiberglass eye lids and its like a total of about 55 dollars, it'll give the car a more aggressive look. Should I get it? I'm getting a 2010 Camry LE soon.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I found a site where they are selling fiberglass eye lids and its like a total of about 55 dollars, it'll give the car a more aggressive look. Should I get it? I'm getting a 2010 Camry LE soon.
No. Why? Because I don't like them.

·
270hp = Happy Foot
1,123 Posts
better get those hids out of those reflectors, people will give you crap for them, just a heads up.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
if you're just getting a 2010 don't put any money into the 03. Personally i'd keep the 03...better car over all :)

i have no opinions on your mods though...well i do, i'll keep them to myself :)

·
Registered
2010 Camry Le
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@olympicgold, yea, i kind of dont want it now either

@aznlunatic206, what do you mean people will give me crap? you mean when i sell it?

@Punks_Not_Dead5, haha just give your honest opinion, i wont take any of them offensively.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
The only mod i have a problem with, and most others do or will as well is the HID's

8000k will put out less output than your stock halogens. Higher number doesn't always mean better light out put.

HID's in a stock reflective halogen housing, is very very unsafe to oncoming traffic, it will blind them.

You should only use HID's in proper HID projectors/housings. And the Gen 5 Camry does not come stock, and even though aftermarket headlights (I.E. ebay) say that are HID projectors they are not.

The only way to get them is to do a true HID projector retrofit. (do a search you'll find all the info)

·
Registered
2010 Camry Le
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh ok. well, i know its bad for oncoming traffic but where i live there are A LOT of people who has stock headlights and they all have HIDs (about 8000k). What I want to do is probably lower it so it is not as blinding for oncoming traffic.

But i know what you're saying. This car is going to be given to my sister soon anyways and she doesnt go out at night so the HIDs doesnt matter because she wont even use them.

The 2010 camry comes with a projector headlight and if i get HIDs for it, do you think it's good?

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
They come with halogen projectors not HID. But if you cover the squirrel spotters (search that) you'll be ok with HIDs or you can just swap the projectors for HID projectors. But don't got any higher than 5000k. 6000k at the very most.

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
The only mod i have a problem with, and most others do or will as well is the HID's

8000k will put out less output than your stock halogens. Higher number doesn't always mean better light out put.

HID's in a stock reflective halogen housing, is very very unsafe to oncoming traffic, it will blind them.

You should only use HID's in proper HID projectors/housings. And the Gen 5 Camry does not come stock, and even though aftermarket headlights (I.E. ebay) say that are HID projectors they are not.

The only way to get them is to do a true HID projector retrofit. (do a search you'll find all the info)
Dont you have hid's in your reflector housing headlamps? :confused:

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
yup. 4300k and aimed low. And i live in the country and rarely drive at night. If i was in the city, i'd of kept halogen. But in the middle of nowhere....no real worries

·
Registered
2010 Camry Le
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, i didnt know there's a difference between halogen projector and HID projectors. Wont they work fine tho?

And i'm just going to stick to the 8000k. I barely drive at night.

btw Punks_Not_Dead5, your camry looks very nice

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
They'll work, but the bulb size in your Gen5 and bulb size in your Gen 6.5 are different so you'll have to buy a new HID kit anyway...so might as well just get the 5000k

Thanks for the compliments :)

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
the higher the "k" just changes the colour and gives it less output. as i said before the best is 4300k - 5000k for output and a pure white colour temp. 6000k is getting into a blue colour, 8000k and up is purple.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Maybe this will help. Pay attention to the TREND of ratings in LUMENS. And :welcome: to TN!

Edit: I agree that if you decide to get a newer camry... not to dump money into this one!

·
Registered
2010 Camry Le
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh wow thanks! so far im liking the 6000k. i like the all white HID but i also want a little hint of blue in it. i think 6000k is good. i have 8000k right now and its kinda too bright

1 - 17 of 17 Posts