Registered
09 Camry
552 Posts
painted red calipers probably gain you about 15-20whp
trd emblem another extra 5whp

^^those are cheap mods, the next list is probably stuff that won't do much

Turbo Kit - Link (more power)
Exhaust - Link (less back pressure)
Front Strut Bar - Link (tighter suspension)
Rear Sway Bar - Link (tighter suspension)
Brakes - Link (drilled and slotted for maximum braking performance...its a camry after all)
Tires - Link (high performance all seasons for better road grip)
Coilovers - Link (lower gravity for better handling)

good luck

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
Tear out the interior and install a solid roll cage get it powder coated in red, and install a single racing seat with a five point harness.

·
Registered
1994 Camry LE
380 Posts
Tear out the interior and install a solid roll cage get it powder coated in red, and install a single racing seat with a five point harness.
Make sure you install the seat in the middle, a la McLaren F1. Otherwise, your car will lean and you'll lose style points.

·
Registered
12 Posts
painted red calipers probably gain you about 15-20whp
trd emblem another extra 5whp

^^those are cheap mods, the next list is probably stuff that won't do much

Turbo Kit -
Link (more power)
Exhaust - Link (less back pressure)
Front Strut Bar - Link (tighter suspension)
Rear Sway Bar - Link (tighter suspension)
Brakes - Link (drilled and slotted for maximum braking performance...its a camry after all)
Tires - Link (high performance all seasons for better road grip)
Coilovers - Link (lower gravity for better handling)

good luck
Thanks for that list of links. My wife just got an '03 LEV6 and I was wondering what, if anything, could be done to these cars as far as performance is concerned. Is there not an exhaust for the V6s from a quality manufacturer (like GReddy, HKS, TRD, etc) And if so do they follow a different route under the car? I just hate the way most late model Toyotas' exhaust looks like they are about to fall off the car.

* Now I see the V6 catback that I'd missed earlier on TRD's site.

·
Registered
09 Camry
552 Posts
Thanks for that list of links. My wife just got an '03 LEV6 and I was wondering what, if anything, could be done to these cars as far as performance is concerned. Is there not an exhaust for the V6s from a quality manufacturer (like GReddy, HKS, TRD, etc) And if so do they follow a different route under the car? I just hate the way most late model Toyotas' exhaust looks like they are about to fall off the car.

* Now I see the V6 catback that I'd missed earlier on TRD's site.
a lot of people humbly mod their Gen5's, anything you got in mind that you want to do?

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
Go custom, cheaper than the TRD.

I have a custom Magnaflow setup on my V6, Magnaflow high flow cat, deleted resonator, and Magnaflow muffler. 2.5" piping from the cat on back. I have video if you're interested in sound. just PM me.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
Local shop(s)

I got the muffler put on when i got my car in 06, and last summer i got the cat and 2.5" piping and resonator taken off at another shop. Since this video i've added an SRI.

This is on track with the SRI installed.

Crank up the volume!

·
Registered
12 Posts
a lot of people humbly mod their Gen5's, anything you got in mind that you want to do?
Not really. The list of links pretty much confirmed what I already figured. After intake and exhaust there's not much left for these cars. And I would never go forced induction with it. It may need new plugs soon, so I might get her some nice Magnecor wires to go along with it.

She is mainly more about looks, so I am doing research on how to piece together the SE/TRD kit through ebay. Although I am having trouble finding the side skirts and the rear bumper add-ons.

Go custom, cheaper than the TRD.

I have a custom Magnaflow setup on my V6, Magnaflow high flow cat, deleted resonator, and Magnaflow muffler. 2.5" piping from the cat on back. I have video if you're interested in sound. just PM me.
Sounds good. That would be something I would do if I were driving it everyday, but I don't think my wife would like something so aggressive. I'm wondering if the TRD would be too much for her.

How do I get that grille and headlights you have?

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
There is not SE body kit...there is an SET (south east toyota) kit butthat is super rare and hard to find...also no TRD kit.

Headlights are standard on the SE's and grille is an RS grille, not made anymore and you can't find one anywhere either. In other words if you find one it will be 200+ used.

check out extreme dimensions website for body kits. They have a Vizage style kit that is really nice.

the TRD exhaust isn't loud, it's just an axle back, so it would keep the stock cat, resonator and piping...just adds a bit more of a deeper sound. but nothing like mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is not SE body kit...there is an SET (south east toyota) kit butthat is super rare and hard to find...also no TRD kit.
Ah. No wonder. I see them everywhere...but of course - I am in the south east. Hopefully someone has wadded one up near me that I can salvage.

Headlights are standard on the SE's and grille is an RS grille, not made anymore and you can't find one anywhere either. In other words if you find one it will be 200+ used.
Thanks.

check out extreme dimensions website for body kits. They have a Vizage style kit that is really nice.
Yes, I see that it is popular after looking through the pictures thread. If I can't get the SETOYO or Jim Moran kit as I'll call it, I'll consider it.

the TRD exhaust isn't loud, it's just an axle back, so it would keep the stock cat, resonator and piping...just adds a bit more of a deeper sound. but nothing like mine.
Yeah, I read another thread and saw that it was just an axle back even though they call it cat-back on the site. I think that would be perfect for her if she decides she wants to do it. She thinks my exhaust is too loud on my Evo, even though our two year old falls asleep quickly when riding in it. She'll probably just want a chrome tip and that's it. She'll probably want the Injen/Fujita SRI though.

Is the "5.5" front bumper much different from our 2003 model front bumper or the corresponding 2003 SE front bumper?

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
2002-2004 bumpers on the LE, SE, XLE are the same, only difference is the fog lights, LE doesn't come with them (unless you get that option i think) SE and XLE do. you can easily add them to the LE though.

2005-2006 bumpers are different from ours, they have a bit more aggressive look on the SE. They do fit our cars though as a replacement.

if you go with SRI go to pepboys or Autozone and make your our from the Spectre kit...it's about 90 bucks give or take, and custom. cheaper than getting a Injen or Fujita.

I have a custom..i'll post pics later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2002-2004 bumpers on the LE, SE, XLE are the same, only difference is the fog lights, LE doesn't come with them (unless you get that option i think) SE and XLE do. you can easily add them to the LE though.
Great. I think I will look into getting a prepainted Ebay bumper designed for a 05+SE. The last one I got for my Eclipse came out better then I expected. I'm not sure I want to try cutting into her stock LE bumper with a dremel to add fogs, even though that's still an option I will consider.

You've been a great help - thanks. I'll also consider the budget SRI when you get the pics up.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
the LE bumper should have cut outs for fogs already there...they should just pop right out.

here's a few pics...don't mind the dirty engine :facepalm:

i just painted my engine cover last week too.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts