Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving! My daughter's 2003 Corolla has recently started blowing the 15-amp fuse for the fuel pump. After trying to find a diagram I believe the fuse is before the relay that is located out under the hood in fuse/relay center so if the relay (original one from the factory) was starting to fail would it draw enough amps all the time to blow the fuse over and over? Is there a test process with a voltage and ohm meter to test the relay? Or is it possible the fuel pump is the culprit and is shorting out and drawing too many amps? Any suggestions or test process's anyone can share will be so appreciated. Thank you all!

Todd

PS-the relay is rectangular in shape and has 4 blades only that two are vertically placed and two are horizontally placed. Hope that is helpful. Thanks again!

· Registered
2,268 Posts
Yeah, the fuse is before relay. Did you replace the fuse with a good known fuse brand? How many attempts have you tried so far?

Could might as well be a short. Did you ever place a very heavy or sharp object along the rear seats? Check along the driver side scuff panel for damage. Check kick panel for damage. Was the car flooded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2013 Camry XLE
3,239 Posts
Does it blow immediately when you turn the key on? Most likely a short in the wiring or maybe the pump itself. If it takes a little while to blow it could be the fuel pump is drawing too much power. Do you have a multimeter, and know how to use it? That will be your biggest help here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts