Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've replaced the rotors on my Corolla several times already because they've warped. I've put rotors on the car that run around $50 or so. The last set I put on about 2 years ago (around 20,000 miles on them). They are now warped again.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to a better brand, model or make of rotor that has a longer life than these rotors? I don't mind spending more money on a better brand or design of rotor, but I hate to spend more if I get the same life out of them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

· Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
14,858 Posts
I would doubt its your rotors.

First look into your driving habits. These are usually the biggest cause of this issue.

If not that either you have cheap pads (organic or other too soft pad), poorly lubed caliper slide pins, or a seized caliper.

· Registered
247 Posts
when my matrix was new i had the rotors machined and then replaced(they warped twice) within 30,000 kms

i'd had enough and went with cross drilled rotors and they last me from about spring 2005 till 2011 without an issue (6 years)

i was using hawk hps pads and KVR cross drilled rotors... costs much more like your local specials but the problem went away

i'm now having the same issue with my wife's 2010 lancer, i'm starting to get the pulsing in the brakes from speed... yea its probably my driving but meh, i'll just use good parts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.