Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals. I'm new on here so if this is not the right spot to ask this, please let me know where to ask.

I have a 2003 Toyota Camry XLE and will be installing an aftermarket radio. The original radio is Model# 86120-AA060 and has the JBL logo on the head unit. I only see a 20-pin white connector and 2 blue antenna connectors (one smaller than the other). The aftermarket radio will have a harness also as pictured. The Wire Diagram shows the overall wires and connectors, and the second picture shows what the white connectors pins correlate to.

Now, I've found online and been told locally by one radio shop different things as far as harnesses. I would like to keep the JBL amp in place. Crutchfield says to get Metra 70-8113, but a local shop told me TYTO-01 is the harness that I need.

1. My overall question would be which harness (or if another completely) do I need to make this work with the JBL?

2. Depending on which harness you recommend, which wires from the radio will correspond with which wires on the new harness?

I have attached a picture of the orignal connector, and the new radio's wiring. If you need any more info or clarification, please let me know. Also, thank you in advance for your help!

20200326_090425.jpg

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry XLE
3 Posts
Are you trying to make the factory JBL amp work with the speakers like it did previously or are you trying to wire it to a sub? I just recently put a new system in my 2004 xle replacing the JBL and used a Kenwood DDX5706S Head unit wired with the factory JBL amp to the speakers and wired to a separate amp in the trunk with a 12inch sub. I used Harness 8110, 8112, and 1761, along with a XD60 Amp kit for my other amp. As far as the TYTO-01 thats the right wiring harness for Non Navi decks. I believe from your 2nd picture your deck is just a standard bluetooth\cd deck what brand/model # is it? Not sure if this helps at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you trying to make the factory JBL amp work with the speakers like it did previously or are you trying to wire it to a sub? I just recently put a new system in my 2004 xle replacing the JBL and used a Kenwood DDX5706S Head unit wired with the factory JBL amp to the speakers and wired to a separate amp in the trunk with a 12inch sub. I used Harness 8110, 8112, and 1761, along with a XD60 Amp kit for my other amp. As far as the TYTO-01 thats the right wiring harness for Non Navi decks. I believe from your 2nd picture your deck is just a standard bluetooth\cd deck what brand/model # is it? Not sure if this helps at all.
Hey Naterzz,

Thanks for replying. Yes trying to keep all the old speaker setup the same and the factory JBL amp. Just wanting to replace the headunit with this new one. The new head unit has navi, bluetooth etc, and no CD. It is Seicane Model:H2366L-L.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry XLE
3 Posts
So the 1761 harness is for the 4 speakers, the 8112 fits the oem plugin for the factory amp on aftermarket stereos. the 8110 was for a single DIN player so that wont be needed. Google to make sure they'd work correct but im pretty sure those 2 harness would work with your unit and they are pretty inexpensive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Metra 70 -8113 Is the harness you want to get. It's on amazon for $9. I was going go upgrade my the head unit to an android, but I didnt. I have an 02 camry which had the JBL stereo.
You can also go through the Reviews to verify it's the correct one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts