Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that acceleration is a little slower. Seems like there is a slight hesitation. It’s seems to misfire around 45-50 mph going up hill. Today I was towing a load of wood had some in the back of the truck. I stopped at a stop sign. Went to go up the hill. It seem to cut out a bit. Service engine light flashed a few times and went away once I was at the top of the hill. Tonight driving 45-50 mph up a slight incline it shook again. I changed the fuel filter the other after being told that might be it. Any suggestions on where to start? No error code. Should I change the plugs? I bought it with 150K miles. It now has nearly 190k. I don’t know when the plugs were changed last.

·
13,504 Posts
Anytime the Check Engine light flashes while under load, that is an indication of a misfire. You do not want to drive the vehicle in this condition fer very long as it can melt the substrate of the catalytic converter in short order. ;)

Is the Check Engine light on? If so, did you retrieve any codes? If you did, what were the exact codes retrieved? ;)

It wouldn't hurt to pull the plugs and see what the condition of them are since you don't have a baseline of their condition when you bought the vehicle. It probably wouldn't hurt to shop/buy new replacement plugs to be on the safe side. I'm curious to see the condition of the plugs when you pull them. BTW, which engine do you have? ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts