Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The light bulb on my 2004 corolla behind the climate control knob has burnt out. How does one go about changing these? Also what bulb number is it and how many are behind this console? Thanks!

rod758

·
Registered
11 Posts
The bulb size is not mentioned in the user manual. Best way is to take it out to take a look. Here's how:
-Pull the middle knob out (Fan speed, I remember) you'll see a screw. Unscrew it then pry out the mid-console face with a flat plastic screwdriver/ or with your fingers. Be careful with the harness behind the control.
If you can disassemble the climate control box, you'll find the bulb.
Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. When the center console is removed, does it just snap out from under the radio and above the shifter (automatic)? And what about the two other knobs, does it come out with the console?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes. You're correct. The 2 other knobs come out with the console, you don't have to remove them until you disassemble the climate control box behind the console.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That helps a lot. Thanks! I think it's gonna take a lot of force to pull out that center face. Looks like I have to remove the panel around the shifter too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ROD!
I have 2003 Corolla and the same problem, some light not working; did you manage to find the code for the light bulb?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 Corolla XRS
39 Posts
I had the same problem in my 05 XRs. It is a tiny peanut bulb and there are three of them. The dealer was only place I could find them, but they were pretty cheap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't end up taking the console out to find out because one day, the seemingly dead bulb came on. So, it's not dead but there's something else going on in there that I don't know. It lights up only occasionally. To this day, most of the time the light is out. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2006 Corolla
10 Posts
That's incorrect. I checked one of the dealers in San Diego, CA and each one of those tiny bulbs are $10.00 each. And trust me I asked twice. I'm pretty sure my 2006 Corolla had two bulbs. I never replaced them and I don't miss them, since they were burned out when I bought the car.

·
Registered
05 Toyota Corolla LE
5 Posts
If you're talking about the HVAC lights, my 05 Corolla has two of them (green lights) The bulb is a neowedge type B if I remember correctly (base is 10 mm) I recently bought a few from autoillumination.com but they haven't come in yet, hope that helps

-Kevin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts