Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have the 2004 XLE and want remove the overhead unit that has the two audio controls for the rear and replace it with the Audiovox DVD unit I bought.

Anybody know what to do with the connectors that are there already?

I just need power for my unit.

Any direction would be great.

Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
dvd install

I bought the same dvd yesterday on Ebay, a PROV916, I plan on installing later this week.

Did you buy the Audiovox console to replace the RSA? I found the best price so far at audiooutfitter.com

Did you plan on buying the PIE adapter or just using the FM modulator?

Send pics of your install!

There are several posts on www.siennaclub.org talking about dvd install that might help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DVD install

Hi there,

Funny you should ask, I was up until 2 am finishing this job.

First off, I have the moon roof which makes it more difficult. I called Audiovox directly and got the correct part numbers for the overhead plastic unit and insert (for the moonroof version). Mine is grey inside (cloth) and I ordered the "Pewter" color....looks really good.

I installed the FM modulator in mine. It has the IR transmitters built in I think...I better check again :)

I took out the center unit, took out the "sunglass holder" that is to your left when you sit in the driver seat and ran the power and FM modulator cable (thick black case, lots of wires) over there.

You can remove the plastic on the side of the window pretty easily (there is a bolt under an oval cover on mine) and then the wires were fished down through the corner to near the gas pedal (I used a metal fish tape I have from previous home repairs).

NOTE: When I bought the van, I was told it was pre-wired for DVD...I expected to find a power connector and some other connections sitting in the roof waiting for me...this is not the case.

If you take off the lower plastic shroud (the long one under the steering wheel....a bolt at each end...the left one is hidden under plastic)...there you will find some main power wires and you can find a constant 12v, a VCC 12v (on/off with switch) and gnd (GND wire is GREY I think)...I used a pin to pierce the insulation and checked voltage to the metal frame.

The FM mod will have to be inserted in the FM antenna path if you use it. I needed to take the Radio out completely to get to the antenna connection...a pain. I can tell you how to do this in another message if you need to do it.

So, I have one step left...screwing the actual DVD to the new overhead unit. This proved to be quite challenging and I decided not to keep pressing on at 1:30 am. You will need to mark the hole locations on your DVD player and then drill 1/8 " holes in the metal mounting plate that comes with the new overhead plastic unit.

Feel free to ask me about it. i can try to post some pictures sometime soon.

Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I also have the 04 Sienna with the moon roof and installed the VOD916. I have been trying to get the custom console without luck. I have been waiting for 2 weeks from Cardomain who says it is backordered and they have no idea when they will get it.

Any suggestions on where I can get this console? Do you have the actual part number that Audiovox uses for this....?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hello,

I have '99 Sienna. will you please guide me to install DVD player.
Which one i should buy? etc.

Thanks,

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,630 Posts
Basically, the bigger the screen, less visual of the rear mirror. I think 10" would be the max. I'm pretty sure you guys heard of "Fry's Electronics?" There's a couple in Texas. They have some decent DVD players for cheap. THey have a sony 8" one for $800. And they'll even install it in for you. Just research some more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts