Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI i recently just bought my son a 2004 toyota tacoma 4wd i have already bough a 3" suspension lift and 33" tires...but i can not find a 3" body lift for it....does anyone know where i can find one?...also what are spacers and what do they do?

·
Registered
435 Posts
body lift.

A lot of people sell them.It cost more to have one installed than a suspension lift.You have to extend wires hoses, relocate front bumper.I have a friend at work that took his off because he got tired of dealing with it.Why do you need one?Are the tires rubbing at the rear of the fender well?If so you can bend that place where the spot welded lip is down enough to clear in most cases.Most people that put them on regreat it later.Each his own.4 wheel parts wholesalers sells them as dose performance products.Make sure it comes with everything,bumper brackets and they dont come with one for the rear.You will have a 3 inch gap between the rear bumper and the bed.For me it would be the last resort.Some people will tell you different.Its just a bandaid for another problem.Hope this helps.Just trying to save you a headache.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 3inch body lift on my 98 and have not had one problem. With the rear bumper you can just flip over the OEM brackets and that will raise the bumper 3inches. I know this worked on mine but i am not to sure on the newer models. The only down fall to this is you can't pull anything with the bumper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts