Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The OEM water pump and radiator in my 2005 4runner is still working and I find that amazing.
Never had a WP last this long.
I have new backups when either springs a leak, but how
long do they go?
It's now been 17 years without failure!
I pop the hood every week and check for coolant leaks or hose failures.
Engine V6 has never had an overheat and has 210,000 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
While not highly likely on 4th gen 4runners (why a pic of a camry if title is 4Runner??), strawberry milkshake can occur to any vehicle with a trans cooler built into the engine radiator....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
While not highly likely on 4th gen 4runners (why a pic of a Camry if the title is 4Runner??), strawberry milkshake can occur to any vehicle with a trans cooler built into the engine radiator....
I found a picture of my 4runner. I bought my daughter a Camry new when she graduated from Florida State with a 3.3 GPA and landed a job paying $80,000 annually with a giant stockbroker.

About the 4runner: I don't have a strawberry milkshake. The coolant level and the color is always right in my 17-year-old, 2005 4runner. The transmission is still perfect after 200,000 miles.

I had the tranny serviced by draining 6 quarts (1/2) and refilling with A-IV at 100,000 miles and again at 200,000 miles. My transmission has never had a slipping or shifting issue. 2005 4runners were built right (in Japan). The service was done by my Toyota dealer. They reminded me that Toyota says no tranny services are necessary. I've read of some Toyotas going to 1 million miles!

A-IV tranny fluid is a full synthetic and recommended for my 2005 4runner, so that's what I use.

The "book" on the 4runner tranny is it never has to be serviced.

About the 7 year old Camry; She's still driving that Camry to work - now with 50,000 miles - and, it runs like new still. She needed a car for this job, so it was immensely important.

Picture below was taken two weeks ago - June 15 2022.

17-year-old 4runner paint looks like new still. Amazing!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts