Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago, my battery died and in the process of trying to jump it, and then installing a new battery, I lost my ABS system...Lights on the dash, warning noise, and basically no brakes.
Not sure if this is an ABS issue or something worse. Anyone have experience with this?
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
What do you mean basically no brakes? The ABS system only makes it so the wheels don't completely lock up when you mash on the pedal in a panic. Otherwise your system will work fine because it's a mechanical system that runs on Pascal's law of fluid dynamics.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
About a week ago, my battery died and in the process of trying to jump it, and then installing a new battery, I lost my ABS system...Lights on the dash, warning noise, and basically no brakes.
Not sure if this is an ABS issue or something worse. Anyone have experience with this?
Thanks
Did you ever get an answer to this? My 4Runner blew a brake line, 2004 model. Lights on dash come on for both ABS and Brake A while later the alternator went which brought up the lights on the dash as well

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you ever get an answer to this? My 4Runner blew a brake line, 2004 model. Lights on dash come on for both ABS and Brake A while later the alternator went which brought up the lights on the dash as well
The abs system us designed to trigger an alarm, if the system detects a low pressure caused by a non functioning abs motor, or low brake fluid.

Your case was caused by low brake fluid.repair the broken line, top up the brake fluid reservoir, idle the car for about 5mins...the alarm shoyld stop.
If you notice poor braking, then the brake unit would need to be bled as it has inadvertently sucked in air

·
Registered
40 Posts
The abs system us designed to trigger an alarm, if the system detects a low pressure caused by a non functioning abs motor, or low brake fluid.

Your case was caused by low brake fluid.repair the broken line, top up the brake fluid reservoir, idle the car for about 5mins...the alarm shoyld stop.
If you notice poor braking, then the brake unit would need to be bled as it has inadvertently sucked in air
I blew a brake line near the engine and brake fluid tank...so it just killed my brakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts