Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
turbo cami
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone knows of some web site's that i can visit to find camry performance parts and or body kits will you please list them for me.
Thank you for your any help you can give.

·
2010 Camry SE V6
3,066 Posts
there is pretty much nothing out there to "mod" our camrys to where you can actualy feel a difference. But there are some nice intakes and cat-back exhaust systems that people have on here. Search it with the search buttin.

·
480 HP 2.4L = lying ricer
4,741 Posts
Try TRD website and most Scion TC stuff will fit on the camry 2.4 liter motor
:confused: Really? Like what?

The Tc TRD supercharger, air intakes, headers, strut bars, grilles, sway bars, etc. do NOT fit the Camry.

Please explain what fits...

Camry parts are pretty much exclusive to the Camry and not much is available. I'd buy the TRD stuff for the Camry and call it a day.

·
Bootyologist
1,530 Posts
C'mon TRD VVT-i, in all due respect. He's a naive person who doesn't know what lick about nothing...Still doesn't mean give him a hard time. Teach the people...PREACH PREACH! Kid doesn't know anything about nothing.

·
BANNED
1,497 Posts
giving wrong info is wrong info....

if unsure just say your not sure, not difficult

i much rather have the correct info and be flamed then the wrong ones, i don't get butthurt that easily

I'd buy the TRD stuff for the Camry and call it a day.
hm...i wonder why :lol:

·
Sedan Life
5,115 Posts
aftermarket support for the gen 5 camry is relativly weak....TRD (www.trdusa.com) makes a front strut bar, air cleaner, performance shifter kit (for 5speed owners), exhuast, rear sway bar and lowering springs for the gen 5 camry....i know of a company that also makes headers for the 2az-fe and 1mz-fe/3mz-fe as well....there was a groupbuy for the V6 headers a while back on here and solaraguy as well....as for tC parts that can be used, anything internal such as cams and pistons can be used...but that means $....and the TRD supercharger for the tC can be adapted to fit the 2.4 (2az-fe)camry, but yet again its $....someone also did a custom turbo for the 2az, whith amazing gains but its also $.....as for the 1mz/3mz 3.0/3.3 V6, there is a TRD supercharger from previous camrys (now discontinued) that can be adapted to fit these models...
anything is possible with $, but for starters get the TRD stuff and do a sarch on the headers
good luck

·
4,741 Posts
C'mon TRD VVT-i, in all due respect. He's a naive person who doesn't know what lick about nothing...Still doesn't mean give him a hard time. Teach the people...PREACH PREACH! Kid doesn't know anything about nothing.
:thumbdown

Are you kidding me? Someone posts complete shiat information for another person asking a question and you come in here to give ME a hard time? That's just stupid.

I made a point and asked for some proof, that's all.

It's not fair to people that don't already know when someone acts like they do know and post inaccurate information.

·
Sedan Life
5,115 Posts
it was a misconception
people assume since the tC and camry share the same engine, they share common parts
however, the tC has a much smaller engine bay and is in a smaller, although camry based chassis. the internals for the tC's 2az shoulf fit the camrys, but the intakes, headers and exhausts are all different.

·
boo.hoo.hoo.
1,498 Posts
aftermarket support for the gen 5 camry is relativly weak....TRD
Aftermarket support for Camrys in general suck. IMO, if you want to find performance parts look for those: "Look what I did to my car..." threads. Then look at the hyperlink in their signature.

·
turbo cami
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you say that tc parts wont fit the camry, then why do i have a scion tc intake, and throttle body spacer on my gen 5.5 camry? they fit great for me. The fact is some things will fit and some won't, you just need to do the research to find out.

·
Sedan Life
5,115 Posts
what type of intake?
because as much as all of you rave about them, short ram intakes offer NO PERFORMANCE GAINS for the camry.....they just make a cool wooshing sound....it actually robs you of power by sucking in warm engine bay, becuase it doesn't insulate from heat like a stock airbox does, or reach colder air, because of the way the camrys engine bay is set up.....and by the way injen makes an intake specifically for the camry, and it isnt the same as the one for the tC

·
4,741 Posts
you say that tc parts wont fit the camry, then why do i have a scion tc intake, and throttle body spacer on my gen 5.5 camry? they fit great for me. The fact is some things will fit and some won't, you just need to do the research to find out.
Why? Who knows, but they are totally different as pictured above. I suspect that you're lying or used parts of a Tc intake for your Camry.

You're the one that needs to do the research. Preferably before you post the nonsense that you do.

Some Tc parts will work if they are for the engine itself and have nothing to do with packaging in the vehicle. That's why internal engine parts will work and intakes, exhaust, steering, suspension, body, etc will not.

Edit: You should man up and show the exact Tc intake that you're using on your Camry.

·
4,741 Posts
that seems fishy to me
+1

Actually, it seems more like lying to make friends or establish some sort of credibility that's not deserved. Regardless, it's senseless and isn't helpful to anyone.

·
Sedan Life
5,115 Posts
agreed. i knew from experience that the tC and camry engines are quite different in terms of external parts such as i/h/e and it seemed strange that this guy would be able to make a tC intake fit when theyre totally different parts...i mean injen makes a totally different intake for camry than they do for tC...if they were the same, wouldent there be a wider intakle selection for the camry (not that id ever buy one)

·
4,741 Posts
i mean injen makes a totally different intake for camry than they do for tC...if they were the same, wouldent there be a wider intakle selection for the camry (not that id ever buy one)
You would certainly think so.

EDIT: I'm not surprised by that guys inaccurate post. He also recommends adding a quart of Marvel Mystery oil during an oil change.

·
Sedan Life
5,115 Posts
ahahaha well he's also the "car show king" too

i guess your tagline is correct....posting ISN'T knowlage....i dont post unless i know of the information or a solution to an issue...

·
turbo cami
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You would certainly think so.

EDIT: I'm not surprised by that guys inaccurate post. He also recommends adding a quart of Marvel Mystery oil during an oil change.

thats funny i never remember saying to add a quart of marvel mystery oil during an oil change, and yes i do have those scion tc parts on my camry, and i'm not tring to make friends. i just try to help when i can.
my post are fact, not because i think it will work, or because someone said it will, but because i have done it myself.

p.s. I called ZPI and they said that they have put the scion tc turbo kit on a 05 camry and all they had to do was modify the turbo intake pipe.
so you can ACT like you know everything, when in fact you don't.
I give to you, i do agree with alot of the things you say, and alot of your flamming's. But you don't know everything. most things for the tc won't work but a few of them will.

thank you for your time.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
15 Participants
sinkhole
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing