Toyota Nation Forum banner

2005 camry performance

37K views 52 replies 15 participants last post by  sinkhole 
#1 ·
If anyone knows of some web site's that i can visit to find camry performance parts and or body kits will you please list them for me.
Thank you for your any help you can give.

#2 ·
there is pretty much nothing out there to "mod" our camrys to where you can actualy feel a difference. But there are some nice intakes and cat-back exhaust systems that people have on here. Search it with the search buttin.

#4 ·
:confused: Really? Like what?

The Tc TRD supercharger, air intakes, headers, strut bars, grilles, sway bars, etc. do NOT fit the Camry.

Please explain what fits...

Camry parts are pretty much exclusive to the Camry and not much is available. I'd buy the TRD stuff for the Camry and call it a day.

#5 ·
C'mon TRD VVT-i, in all due respect. He's a naive person who doesn't know what lick about nothing...Still doesn't mean give him a hard time. Teach the people...PREACH PREACH! Kid doesn't know anything about nothing.

#8 ·
:thumbdown

Are you kidding me? Someone posts complete shiat information for another person asking a question and you come in here to give ME a hard time? That's just stupid.

I made a point and asked for some proof, that's all.

It's not fair to people that don't already know when someone acts like they do know and post inaccurate information.

#7 ·
aftermarket support for the gen 5 camry is relativly weak....TRD (www.trdusa.com) makes a front strut bar, air cleaner, performance shifter kit (for 5speed owners), exhuast, rear sway bar and lowering springs for the gen 5 camry....i know of a company that also makes headers for the 2az-fe and 1mz-fe/3mz-fe as well....there was a groupbuy for the V6 headers a while back on here and solaraguy as well....as for tC parts that can be used, anything internal such as cams and pistons can be used...but that means $....and the TRD supercharger for the tC can be adapted to fit the 2.4 (2az-fe)camry, but yet again its $....someone also did a custom turbo for the 2az, whith amazing gains but its also $.....as for the 1mz/3mz 3.0/3.3 V6, there is a TRD supercharger from previous camrys (now discontinued) that can be adapted to fit these models...
anything is possible with $, but for starters get the TRD stuff and do a sarch on the headers
good luck

#10 ·
aftermarket support for the gen 5 camry is relativly weak....TRD
Aftermarket support for Camrys in general suck. IMO, if you want to find performance parts look for those: "Look what I did to my car..." threads. Then look at the hyperlink in their signature.

#9 ·
it was a misconception
people assume since the tC and camry share the same engine, they share common parts
however, the tC has a much smaller engine bay and is in a smaller, although camry based chassis. the internals for the tC's 2az shoulf fit the camrys, but the intakes, headers and exhausts are all different.

#14 ·
you say that tc parts wont fit the camry, then why do i have a scion tc intake, and throttle body spacer on my gen 5.5 camry? they fit great for me. The fact is some things will fit and some won't, you just need to do the research to find out.
Why? Who knows, but they are totally different as pictured above. I suspect that you're lying or used parts of a Tc intake for your Camry.

You're the one that needs to do the research. Preferably before you post the nonsense that you do.

Some Tc parts will work if they are for the engine itself and have nothing to do with packaging in the vehicle. That's why internal engine parts will work and intakes, exhaust, steering, suspension, body, etc will not.

Edit: You should man up and show the exact Tc intake that you're using on your Camry.

#12 · (Edited)
what type of intake?
because as much as all of you rave about them, short ram intakes offer NO PERFORMANCE GAINS for the camry.....they just make a cool wooshing sound....it actually robs you of power by sucking in warm engine bay, becuase it doesn't insulate from heat like a stock airbox does, or reach colder air, because of the way the camrys engine bay is set up.....and by the way injen makes an intake specifically for the camry, and it isnt the same as the one for the tC

#17 ·
agreed. i knew from experience that the tC and camry engines are quite different in terms of external parts such as i/h/e and it seemed strange that this guy would be able to make a tC intake fit when theyre totally different parts...i mean injen makes a totally different intake for camry than they do for tC...if they were the same, wouldent there be a wider intakle selection for the camry (not that id ever buy one)

#18 ·
i mean injen makes a totally different intake for camry than they do for tC...if they were the same, wouldent there be a wider intakle selection for the camry (not that id ever buy one)
You would certainly think so.

EDIT: I'm not surprised by that guys inaccurate post. He also recommends adding a quart of Marvel Mystery oil during an oil change.

#21 ·
You don't know much either, you talk about me just to fuel TRD's fire, maybe you should focus more on the facts, if you have'nt tried it then you don't know if it works or not. The fact is i have a scion tc intake, throttle body spacer, and header on my 05 camry. the cold air intake will not fit, but the short ram intake will. i know because i have done it.

#22 ·
i did'nt say it was a brand name intake TRD, it's just a plain intake off of ebay for a scion tc. they did'nt make intakes for the 05 camry yet when i bought it. i'm not boasting about how much power these mods gave me either. i can't realy feel any diffrence, i just wanted them. i'm not saying that i have the most powerful, or the best looking camry in the world. i'm just saying that i have these parts on my camry, so you sr are wrong!

#24 · (Edited)
Actually, it was bignick and not you that posted about the Marvel Mystery oil.
Sorry, I mixed you two up. With both of you stating such nonsense, I got mixed up.

All parts can be made to fit all cars, that doesn't mean that they are considered interchangeable.

Now that we are talking about non application specific parts I have all sorts of extra performance parts that you can use on your Camry. I have an eight injector fuel rail with 24 lb/hr injectors, a higher flowing MAF sensor, and other items. They aren't for a Camry but there are ways to make anything work.

I guess that I thought you were talking about parts that actually fit the Camry correctly.

I'm sorry that I made such an assumption. Usually when someone has the ability to fabricate such custom performance parts and adapt them they don't ask for advice on a forum.

#30 ·
Actually, it was bignick and not you that posted about the Marvel Mystery oil.
Sorry, I mixed you two up. With both of you stating such nonsense, I got mixed up.

All parts can be made to fit all cars, that doesn't mean that they are considered interchangeable.

Now that we are talking about non application specific parts I have all sorts of extra performance parts that you can use on your Camry. I have an eight injector fuel rail with 24 lb/hr injectors, a higher flowing MAF sensor, and other items. They aren't for a Camry but there are ways to make anything work.

I guess that I thought you were talking about parts that actually fit the Camry correctly.

I'm sorry that I made such an assumption. Usually when someone has the ability to fabricate such custom performance parts and adapt them they don't ask for advice on a forum.

the only part that involved changing anyfactory parts was the header, and it's not nonsense however what you stated about those injectors is.
You should do more thinking before you assume things.

Considering that we were talking about putting scion tc parts on a camry you should have ASSUMED that we were not talking about parts MADE to fit the camry "correctly" .

#26 ·
i know for a FACT that the header for a tC will not fit without major modification, since it bolts right up at the top portion, but on the lower portion it doesnt bolt up due to different emissions equipement/different exhuast setup for both cars....i do know however that solara headers bolt right up

#28 ·
i did'nt say there was no modifications, but maybe your idea of major and my idea of major are two diffrent things. all you need is the tc down pipe cut it, then cut factory pipe weld in place. i never said the header was direct bolt on.
Everyone is so quick to start an argument without actually reading exactly what the post says.
i'm not tring to argue, i just want to let you know what i did. And that info about the solara header would have came in real handy before i cut my pipe, but i'm ok with that. now i know.

#32 · (Edited)
If thats what you were arguing about then you are right. but on the intake, and throttle body spacer mods they do bolt right up with no problems. I'm not going to get on here posting lies and nonsense (as much as TRD think this is nonsense.) All i ask is that if there is a question or comment it should be stated or asked nicely, and not with rudeness.
i just need a few days to get off of these night shifts and i will take some pics and post them of the work i have done.

#33 ·
well im open to new info
i just go on my experience working on both cars at toyota

im sure the intake is an easy mod, i was just going on what ive seen, and the fact the intakes have completely different shapes and different parts numbers etc
as for the throttle body spacer, i knew that was a correct mod, since both cars share the same throttlebody/intake mani (same block)

#34 ·
good you work at toyota, i am nissan certified. but i havent worked for nissan in two years. I know they are diffrent, but if you get a simple short ram intake you just change the direction in which the intake is facing. the filter sits right behind the batt. I will get a cardomain or something as soon as i can so i can post some pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.