Let me tell you why.
Standard options on the SE.
1. Aerodynamic multi-reflector halogen headlamps.
2. Integrated fog lamps.
3. Power tilt/slide moonroof with sliding sunshade.
4. Chrome-tipped exhaust.
5. Leather-wrapped 3-spoke sport steering wheel and shift lever.
6.Multi-adjustable power front bucket seats with adjustable headrests and seatback pockets; driver’s seat with vertical seat height adjuster and lumbar support.
7. Metallic-style interior trim with chrome door handle accents.
8. 17" aluminum wheels w/p215/55r17.
9. Jbl am/fm/cass/cd w/8 spkrs in 6 locations.
10. Rear spoiler.
That's all standard on the simplest SE. It has every thing to make your car look and feel sporty. JBL sound system kicks ass and the V6 SE power to spare.
I'm a little biased though! I bought my wife a 2003 SE. I liked it so much I bought a 2004 SE V6 for me.
I bought the 2004 SE V6 with the sport pedals, ground effects and alarm. So far I've added new blue Xenon headlights, Limo tint, and a Aero-Turbine muffler. I Love My Camry!!!
So I vote you get an SE. 4 or 6 cyl. you can't go wrong. I'm a little partial to the V6 because of my need for speed.