Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what is the best alternator upgrade for a sound system pushing 1000 rms ( 15 inch kicker l7 ) With a zx1000.1 amp.

Thank you

Currently my car is dying and i think its the sound system causing it and the alternator is to weak to handle it, i had the system unplugged and worked fine, till i hooked up the system again than died if i would idle(sitting still while car was on)

Any help would be thankful, thank

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest im not sure how to dmm my battery, but i just bought a new one due to my car dying and it fixed it but the only reason i think it fixed it was cause i removed my system after the car dying. Thank you for the help :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Also another question, how much do places usually charge to install an alternator? and could i give them my old sub wires that are 4 gauge to do the big 3 or should the alternator itself work well enough. Thank again :) And the link was a major help!

·
Low & Slow Cam
2009 Camry Le
2,754 Posts
Also another question, how much do places usually charge to install an alternator? and could i give them my old sub wires that are 4 gauge to do the big 3 or should the alternator itself work well enough. Thank again :) And the link was a major help!
Shouldn't be that much since our alternators are pretty easy to access since its up front. Big 3 usually consist of 0 gauge wiring though. The big 3 also helps because it help maintain the voltage. No problem man, that is what we are help for to help each other! :clap:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shouldn't be that much since our alternators are pretty easy to access since its up front. Big 3 usually consist of 0 gauge wiring though. The big 3 also helps because it help maintain the voltage. No problem man, that is what we are help for to help each other! :clap:

Heh thank you :), Any idea where i could find cheap 0 gauge wires? or you think the store should have them in stock? I'm hoping i can get this all done for under 500$

·
Low & Slow Cam
2009 Camry Le
2,754 Posts
Heh thank you :), Any idea where i could find cheap 0 gauge wires? or you think the store should have them in stock? I'm hoping i can get this all done for under 500$
you're welcome bro. I like knukonceptz.com wires, especially the flexible one its easy to work with. You will also need to get 0 gauge terminals. You can probably do the big 3 upgrade yourself, just google it. As for alternator, look on craigslist, there are a lot of mechanics on there that will come to you and do work because they do mechanic work as a side job!

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?category=Kolossus Fleks Kable
:chug:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you're welcome bro. I like knukonceptz.com wires, especially the flexible one its easy to work with. You will also need to get 0 gauge terminals. You can probably do the big 3 upgrade yourself, just google it. As for alternator, look on craigslist, there are a lot of mechanics on there that will come to you and do work because they do mechanic work as a side job!

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?category=Kolossus Fleks Kable
:chug:
Took my car to belle tire..... They couldn't tell me much accept that something is draining my car.... So I went to a side mechanic and he measured my battery which is 13v and my alternator was under 12 or something and he said that the alternator was not powering the battery enough so my car would die.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.