Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems to be a question that has come up for others, but from those disscussions I still can not find mine. My cell phone charger came apart in the lighter and blew the fuse in my 2005 Coralla S. I do not have an owners manual and can not find the fuse for the radio/clock/acc plug. It has the OEM radio/cd/tape player. I removed the change slot to the left of the steering wheel and found a 10 and 4 amp fuse, both seemed to be in good shape. I rotated fuses around in the main fuse panel and still can not seem to find the right fuse. Visual inspection of ALL fuses that I have found seem to be fine. If I knew where and what capacity the fuse was this would help greatly. Thanks.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Did you check the one labeled dome? Does your dome light work when you open the door? On some Toyotas, the clock radio and dome light were on the same circuit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found it: for future folks looking... It is under the lefthand side of the dash between the steering wheel and the door. It is high up and partially obscured by wires running over the top of the panel. The panel is about 1"X4" black with the fuse locations printed on the outside of the panel. The 15AMP fuse marked "CIG" which is the 4th from the left on the bottom row (if you are upside down under the dash) is it. I am happy now and hopefully this may assist someone in the future. Take a flashlight with you to change it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks!!

@brown279

I had the same exact problem you did, but I kept looking at the wrong fuses. I tried the one you mentioned, and it worked like a charm. You totally saved me a trip to the dealer. Thank you!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thought you'd want to know, Brown279, I had exact same problem, exact same car/year everything. You saved my butt. Thanks a million!

·
Registered
2 Posts
fuse for cigarette lighter, radio and clock matrix 2006

I checked the fuse 10 DOME 15A: working well because the door light and interior light on when I opened the door. Only the radio and clokc and cigarette light don't work. I know there was short cicuit when i plugged the broken charger for GPS. Since then the radio, clock and cigarette lighter won't work. Please advise. thx

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
15,120 Posts
Check the 15A CIG fuse located in the fuse compartment behind the storage door to the left of the steering column.

To access it, simply open the door and pull up at the same angle it's opened at (sort of up and diagonal) and then look at the fuses behind it.

Reactions: QLIE

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
6,819 Posts
If you look up with your head on the brake pedal, you'll see the long black rectangular fuse box cover (near bottom of photo). Fuse locations are on top of cover. Just pop it off to access fuses. Use the white plastic fuse tool from your engine compartment's fuse box.

This is what's behind left compartment door. Grey flasher relay box is on the left. Fuses are not accessible from here.

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
6,819 Posts
Check the 15A CIG fuse located in the fuse compartment behind the storage door to the left of the steering column.

To access it, simply open the door and pull up at the same angle it's opened at (sort of up and diagonal) and then look at the fuses behind it.
Is that where your fuses are?

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
15,120 Posts
Nope. I was mistaken. I confused my 82 Corolla. The 05 has them on the bottom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts