Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Toyota Corolla S. Somehow I blew a fuse that works the backlights for the AC controls, transmission selector. So I have no lights at night to change environmental (AC, Heater, etc). I have checked all the fuses in the fuse box under the dash and under the hood. Any help in locating a fuse for the environmental control backlights?

Also, how do you clear the "Maintenance Required" light after changing oil?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
2005 Corolla CE
2 Posts
reset maintenance light

It's very difficult to search out in the manual but to reset maintenance light you turn the ignition key to off with odometer reading showing (not trip). Turn the ignition key to the on position while holding down the trip meter reset knob. Hold down the button for at least 5 seconds. The odometer indicates 000000 and the light goes off. Fuses are a hassle under steering wheel but with a light and a mirror and small hands they can be changed. Good luck. Marg

·
Registered
317 Posts
Maint light:

Keys out of ignition switch

push and hold trip odometer fo 5 sec / insert key turn to first "click" hold for 5 sec / turn to RUN (no need to start the car) hold until light goes off.

You should be good for another 5,000 miles.

(This is off the top of my head - did it this weekend... car is parked 30 miles away where the written instructions are)

EDIT: Opps, was already answered... sorry

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2005 Toyota Corolla

Also, how do you clear the "Maintenance Required" light after changing oil?

Thanks

Mark[/QUOTE]

To reset the Maintenance light:
Push in the millage button "hold that button", and turn key
NOTE U don't have to start the motor

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yusef

Does anybody know where the fuse for the headlight is? I THINK i blew the fuse for passenger side low beams, i bought new halogen still no lights yet the bulb is good.
Try looking under the hood, just behind the Battery u will c a black box. Pop the top off of that black box there is a lot of fuse's.

If it's not located in that box there is another spot for fuses. As your setting in the driver seat open the little compartment on your left "just past the left side of the streering wheel" I put change in that little compartment. Remove the pull down lid, note u now have to get on the floor board and look up 2 c the fuses located in this area.
I hope this helps JANABRATT :cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try looking under the hood, just behind the Battery u will c a black box. Pop the top off of that black box there is a lot of fuse's.

If it's not located in that box there is another spot for fuses. As your setting in the driver seat open the little compartment on your left "just past the left side of the streering wheel" I put change in that little compartment. Remove the pull down lid, note u now have to get on the floor board and look up 2 c the fuses located in this area.
I hope this helps JANABRATT :cool:
Great! it works now the fuse was blown

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.