Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, i need help, i want to use my fog lights independent of the main lights, i fact, I want to use them with the corner lights because I want to use the light on alarm and don´t forget to turn them off.

I want to use the fog lights with low/high beams, here in Mexico i don´t have any issue if I use it but I just want it to drive on the darkest roads on my country when travel to another city :|

I want to use the original switch, I love the original aspect and I don´t want to rewire and put an aftermarket switch.

Unfortunalety I can´t find anything for my Corolla (I have a RAV4 also and I could found for it).
I think I could take the fog lights relay and take the 12v pin and put it on the another power source (could be corner lights or starter switch). I think also I need to find the signal from the original switch and ground it, but i´m not sure.
I took the idea from this post:
1. http://www.rav4world.com/forums/125-...ts-solved.html
2. http://www.top4runners.com/ja/2007/fogmod.html

Could you help me please??

P.D. I already did the DRL mod.

·
Premium Member
4,270 Posts
Hello guys, i need help, i want to use my fog lights independent of the main lights, i fact, I want to use them with the corner lights because I want to use the light on alarm and don´t forget to turn them off.

I want to use the fog lights with low/high beams, here in Mexico i don´t have any issue if I use it but I just want it to drive on the darkest roads on my country when travel to another city :|

I want to use the original switch, I love the original aspect and I don´t want to rewire and put an aftermarket switch.

Unfortunalety I can´t find anything for my Corolla (I have a RAV4 also and I could found for it).

I think I could take the fog lights relay and take the 12v pin and put it on the another power source (could be corner lights or starter switch). I think also I need to find the signal from the original switch and ground it, but i´m not sure.

I took the idea from this post:

1. http://www.rav4world.com/forums/125-...ts-solved.html

2. http://www.top4runners.com/ja/2007/fogmod.html

Could you help me please??

P.D. I already did the DRL mod.

I hooked my fog lights right up to the positive power post. No if ands or butts. Still work fine to this day.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hooked my fog lights right up to the positive power post. No if ands or butts. Still work fine to this day.
Thanks for your opinion CorollaCharlie, I think if you put them direct to the battery I could put them with another energy source... I like it :surprise:

Charly just a little question, which wire did you connect the lights to the battery?

·
Premium Member
4,270 Posts
Thanks for your opinion CorollaCharlie, I think if you put them direct to the battery I could put them with another energy source... I like it :surprise:

Charly just a little question, which wire did you connect the lights to the battery?

Well, I hooked them up to the battery because there will always be power there, and they can run independent of any other light, excluding the parking lights (yellow lights).

I just hooked the black power wire right to the battery post (positive) by putting if in between the post and clamp, then tightening it down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I hooked them up to the battery because there will always be power there, and they can run independent of any other light, excluding the parking lights (yellow lights).

I just hooked the black power wire right to the battery post (positive) by putting if in between the post and clamp, then tightening it down.
Thanks Charly, could you take a photo for me? I don´t want to do a mess with my car :gaming:

·
Premium Member
4,270 Posts
Sorry for the extended reply. Got busy and this thread was pushed back.

The black power cable hooked up to the battery post.

Crappy fuse:

Double ground (I think this is causing them not to work right now).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the extended reply. Got busy and this thread was pushed back.

Double ground (I think this is causing them not to work right now).
Hi Charlie and don´t worry, i was busy too, thanks a lot for your pics, just I have a doubt:
1. Did you took the power cable from the fog lights relay?
2. Why you did a double ground?

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
4,270 Posts
Hi Charlie and don´t worry, i was busy too, thanks a lot for your pics, just I have a doubt:

1. Did you took the power cable from the fog lights relay?

2. Why you did a double ground?

Thanks again

I'll have to see where I put that line, but yes, I think I did.

I put my tower brace on recently, and I couldn't ground it there, so I double grounded. I actually just yesterday moved one ground to the grounding location behind the intake filter box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts