Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Animal
Toyota Highlander 08
32 Posts
We've dedicated ours to local shopping, miscellaneous errands and various towing needs. She still looks new, even though she's a 2008 @ 121K.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here in So Cal, the KBB values didn't seem to apply when I was as searching for a 2004-2007 Highlander. The real asking prices on autotrader were substantially higher than KBB.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Probably not much use to you being that I'm in Ontario,Canada,but pretty much anything between 01-06 is going for $5-$6 K Can.And none of them has less than 100 K miles on them.

I picked my 05 up for $4500 + tax .It is just the Base model though.The Limited is definitely worth more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We just inherited an 05 V6 Limited with 38,000 miles from my wife's Aunt in central VA. Never seen a snowflake. In NE it's worth $9-11,000. In VA $9,000. Really, it all depends on the area and condition of the car. A rust free car in NE is Uber rare. In VA they're a dime a dozen. Location and vehicle condition drive the equation in my opinion.

Sam

·
Registered
338 Posts
Garaged, well cared for with service records, no mechanical issues, very clean interior with no odors, good body with minimal chips and dings, new tires and battery, no accidents and one owner Limited AWD with tow package that spent all its life in California could go for $10k range for private party. I agree that KBB and Edmunds may be low compared to what you can get. People do like these. I have two Gen 1’s and there are 3 others on our block.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Two weeks ago, in Tucson where rust is unknown, I paid $4500 for an 07 sport (a stripper) with 208K. Immaculate interior, but pretty poor paint (sun is hard on clearcoat.) New shocks on front, needed new front brakes and I took it to Maaco for a $1000 paint job (looks great.) So I'm in for a bit more than 5700 so far and I'm really happy with it.

I had cash, cash talks. And no car payment.

CR is right, Gen 1's are very popular. And all the fancy SH** is worth nothing to me. If they wanted extra because it was AWD and a limited, I'd just chuckle and walk away. Hybrid, imho, isn't worth anything extra, doesn't get that much better mpg, and adds a lot of complication and the prospect of needing a HV battery replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts