Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Matrix and the driver side seat back rocks slight back & forth. So when I stop it moves forward and on accelerating it rocks back, now this is very slight but I can feel it. My million dollar question besides living with the issue is how to fix it?

I can only think of removing the seat and maybe tightening the reclining mechanism if that is at all possible. I am not sure since I don't have a clue on how the recliner functions.

Any advice would be appreciated

Kind regards
linx3566

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
14,941 Posts
How much play do you have in the seat back? Pop the plastic cover in front of the seat back lever. You may be able to see where it's loose with the cover off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is very little play but annoying....I looked at removing the plastic cover but very difficult as I am not sure as I dont see any fasteners. Don't want to force it and break something. I am trying to get an illustration of the seat to understand how it is assembled.

Thanks for you reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.