Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 RAV4 with 6499 miles.
Recently, an annoying squeak has developed in the dash, near the center.
Has anyone had this problem? I have an appointment to take it to the
dealer on Wednesday but would like to have some idea if this is a common
problem and what is normally done to resolve it.

Thanks in advance,
Ron
Munroe Falls, Ohio
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got it, but it seemed to show up after the full coverage warranty ended
on my 2002. I had just had the dealer fix a few other squeaks that were
more annoying just before I noticed the dash squeak and the end of the
warranty. If you figure it out, please post your results. I have
looked through the service bulletins, and have not found an answer.

Ron wrote:
> I have a 2005 RAV4 with 6499 miles.
> Recently, an annoying squeak has developed in the dash, near the center.
> Has anyone had this problem? I have an appointment to take it to the
> dealer on Wednesday but would like to have some idea if this is a common
> problem and what is normally done to resolve it.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ron
> Munroe Falls, Ohio
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also check underdash for any badly fitted doors and covers that might be
causing the problem. And outside the car check the trim at the bottom of
the windshield to see if it is loose. Nothing specific to the RAV but these
areas have been annoying problems on Toyota models from pickups to sedans.



"Ron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:nh1sf.845$M%[email protected]
>I have a 2005 RAV4 with 6499 miles.
> Recently, an annoying squeak has developed in the dash, near the center.
> Has anyone had this problem? I have an appointment to take it to the
> dealer on Wednesday but would like to have some idea if this is a common
> problem and what is normally done to resolve it.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ron
> Munroe Falls, Ohio
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be the defrost duct; there was a TSB for the '01-'02 models. Our '01
had it and now our '05 has the same sound. Not really a squeak, but more of
a creak that's more pronounced the colder it is. My wife is looking at a
CR-V for the next time around because of this problem (I know, but she's the
boss)
Steve

"Art" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:maltf.2430$M%[email protected]
> Also check underdash for any badly fitted doors and covers that might be
> causing the problem. And outside the car check the trim at the bottom of
> the windshield to see if it is loose. Nothing specific to the RAV but

these
> areas have been annoying problems on Toyota models from pickups to sedans.
>
>
>
> "Ron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:nh1sf.845$M%[email protected]
> >I have a 2005 RAV4 with 6499 miles.
> > Recently, an annoying squeak has developed in the dash, near the center.
> > Has anyone had this problem? I have an appointment to take it to the
> > dealer on Wednesday but would like to have some idea if this is a common
> > problem and what is normally done to resolve it.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Ron
> > Munroe Falls, Ohio

>
>
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably TSB #NV01301. The TSB was implemented in my 2002 RAV4 made in
December, 2002.


Steve wrote:
> Could be the defrost duct; there was a TSB for the '01-'02 models. Our '01
> had it and now our '05 has the same sound. Not really a squeak, but more of
> a creak that's more pronounced the colder it is. My wife is looking at a
> CR-V for the next time around because of this problem (I know, but she's the
> boss)
> Steve
>
> "Art" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:maltf.2430$M%[email protected]
>
>>Also check underdash for any badly fitted doors and covers that might be
>>causing the problem. And outside the car check the trim at the bottom of
>>the windshield to see if it is loose. Nothing specific to the RAV but

>
> these
>
>>areas have been annoying problems on Toyota models from pickups to sedans.
>>
>>
>>
>>"Ron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:nh1sf.845$M%[email protected]
>>
>>>I have a 2005 RAV4 with 6499 miles.
>>>Recently, an annoying squeak has developed in the dash, near the center.
>>>Has anyone had this problem? I have an appointment to take it to the
>>>dealer on Wednesday but would like to have some idea if this is a common
>>>problem and what is normally done to resolve it.
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance,
>>>Ron
>>>Munroe Falls, Ohio

>>
>>

>
>
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top