Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide any details on the removal of the OEM fog light housing? It appears to fit into a molded plastic section which is part of the bumper. There are plastic tabs on either side of the housing which fit into the molded plastic section. There is an adjustment screw on the bottom of the fixture but I cannot see any screws used to secure it in place. I did a number of searches but no specific details/instructions came up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There's no screws, its basically a friction fit, one side of the foglight has a spot that pushes in and the whole unit slides out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Because it has nothing to do with holding the housing in place, it just adjusts the light up and down. I’ve got an 05.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No, mine is an 04 L model
I pushed out both tabs by the side, the housing was loose, but still unable to come out, till i wiggled, pulled and turned..and the screw holder housing broke, thats when the fog assy got free, and i could remove it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes 04-05 are the same housings, L or chilli, or sport or limited.

the black clip on the back pops into the bumper for alignment but shouldn’t really need any force to remove, but your mileage clearly varied.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes 04-05 are the same housings, L or chilli, or sport or limited.

the black clip on the back pops into the bumper for alignment but shouldn’t really need any force to remove, but your mileage clearly varied.
yeah, the problem was the black clip circled in yellow. it refused to budge, the other option to remove the foglight is to go under the car, and back out the screw holding it to the black clip [circled in green] . i didnt know that, and broke the black tab while trying to free the foglight assy
04 foglight rav4.jpeg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts