Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
05 TACO
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hate posting shit like this but i have too... i accidently go my taco stuck it was crazy. i was driving through my buddies field and the ground dropped from under me. i was in 2 wheel drive and it was over from there..lol. not to mention i got pulled out by a ford.(boo). lol.





 

·
Registered
'07 DoubleCab 4x4
Joined
·
726 Posts
i hate posting shit like this but i have too... i accidently go my taco stuck it was crazy. i was driving through my buddies field and the ground dropped from under me. i was in 2 wheel drive and it was over from there..lol. not to mention i got pulled out by a ford.(boo). lol.
Isn't it a felony to drive off the main road in Yosemite? ;)

But yeah, I think the problem was that you weren't going fast enough. If you were pushing around 50, you would have just hydroplaned through that stuff. You may have ended up in a tree, but then you would probably have a towtruck pull you out instead of a ford. :)
 

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
Joined
·
785 Posts
You do look pretty bottomed out haha..... You never even tried to crank the steering wheel a few times, you might have thrown enough mud to get out :) or at least given it a college try! I grew up muddin back in oregon, it was pretty much the only thing we could do for fun. That is pretty funny though! :p
 

·
Premium Member
Was a 05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
Joined
·
14,161 Posts
I see a lot of branches laying around out there. Should have stuck them under the tires before getting so deep.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
You may have ended up in a tree, but then you would probably have a towtruck pull you out instead of a ford. :)
So if the towtruck IS a ford it doesn't count? :naughty:
 

·
Registered
'05 Tacoma TRD
Joined
·
83 Posts
90% of off-roading is technique, the other 10% is not going off-roading and saving your ego.

A jack-all, a come-along and some tricks is usually all you need to get unstuck.... most of the time

Cheers.

P.S. Next time, only go off-roading with other's who drive Toyota's HEHE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
90% of off-roading is technique, the other 10% is not going off-roading and saving your ego.

A jack-all, a come-along and some tricks is usually all you need to get unstuck.... most of the time

Cheers.

P.S. Next time, only go off-roading with other's who drive Toyota's HEHE
He might be off the road, but I would hardly call that "off-roading".... :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
I don't recommend carrying a jack-all on one of these trucks stock. You will find that when you pull it out to use it that there is not a square, flat surface to jack against without trashing panels or bumpers. Most all newer vehicles are this way. If you have aftermarket bumpers then a jack-all is good up to about a 33" tire. After that they don't lift high enough.
 

·
Registered
'07 DoubleCab 4x4
Joined
·
726 Posts
So if the towtruck IS a ford it doesn't count? :naughty:
Nah, cuz the tow truck doesn't have to use it's drivetrain to get you out, just it's winch line. It sits on dry pavement. And I don't think ford makes a winch. :D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top