Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past week I attended the 2005 Toyota Tacoma ride and drive event. It was pretty cool, there was an offroad section, and an auto-x section set up. It is a huge improvement over the previous years model. The new 4.0 v6 engine feels like a v8.The truck has a very smooth on-road ride to it. There will be a trd off-road package and a trd-sport package. The new Tacoma utilizes a composite bed instead of a traditional steel bed. It has built in storage compartments and sliding rail hooks. There's even options like a built in power outlet. The interior is much more roomier and the seats are way better then the 04 Tacoma. Overall it's is going to be the best truck in its class.

double cab long bed 4x4 sr5 v6 with trd sport package

Double cab short bed 4x4 v6 sr5 with trd off road package

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
I did the same thing yesterday....Yes great truck and comparing it to the competition, they have nothing on us, except in some cases they are a little cheaper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agree. I just looked at one today.

It's a run-away in its class.

My wife's arrives next week with TRD OffRoad and VSC. I hope she's not anxious to drive it right away.

·
Registered
Toyota Matrix XRS
81 Posts
they look almost like a tundra

are they raising the price?
they did the same thing with the new generation 4runners

they upped the price a bunch

·
Registered
75 Posts
Price went down significantly in Canada. I just put a deposit on one and will take delivery in the next 3 weeks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
IMO, price went up quite a bit but our is well optioned.

It almost looks as large and stout as the Tundra from the exterior. Inside is a little bigger than the old Tacoma but really refined. Off Road Pack is well optioned.

The bed looks like composite material so I don't see a need for bed liners.

The whole truck looks like a real winner to me. Will see how it does on the wilderness ranch.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah the bed is a composite plastic. I think I'll invest in a rubber bed mat just to keep stuff from sliding around.

·
Life is good
05 Taco
105 Posts
I just drove one on monday. It was the same model just in silver. I really like it. I think I'm gonna order mine in january

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just test drove a double cab today... Great truck, it has lots of room, and rode very nice. Looking at gettin' one over a tundra :)

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
the biggest problem we are having right now for some customers is do they go for the Tundra or the Tacoma :) I like the fact that the only problem we are having is "one toyota or the other" lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agree.

I bought a fully equipped Tacoma, but I'll tell you for the price they are asking for the 05' Tacoma I could have just about bought a well equipped Tundra.

I am puzzled why the new Tacoma is priced so high and positioned so close to the Tundra. IMO that's a Curious marketing Strategy unless the Tundra will become the near future Super Duty?

The reason I bought the Tacoma was I felt it would do a better job off road in the back country wilderness where my ranch is located.

I believe the Tacoma is now the better all round truck.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't know why, but BUMP

:lol:

This is from when they FIRST came out, at the Toyota Ride and Drive for dealership reps.

·
How Ya Like Me Now?
1,346 Posts
cam2Xrunner said:
Don't know why, but BUMP

This is from when they FIRST came out, at the Toyota Ride and Drive for dealership reps.
stop post whoring

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JUNGLEMAN said:
It was just a sparkle in my eye then
Picked it up exactly 1 month after that post

I`d like to thank all here for help w/mods, ideas etc.
Wish I`d have found you sooner :thumbup:
:chug:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts