Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want my 05 Camry to look nice and after doing some research I found out that a lot of people like to run 18x8-9 on this generation of the Camry’s and I wanted to know if I can do the same and if any spacers are need or modifications, I’m only 17 and I don’t know much about cars and I would really like to learn does anybody have any Info ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
fitment industries is the way to go I currently run 18x8.5 +35mm and 225/40/18 kuhmo tires (slightly stretched SLIGHTLY), I plan to get BC or Ksport Coilovers (stay away from godspeed brand IMO) I just got my Megan racing muffler installed my Instagram is @BloomfieldProductions and I got my car at 17 aswell couldn’t drive it until I was 18. I’m currently the only one with the parts on my car in my city which is dope I’m 20 now just now getting into cars and I did all the wiring myself I was considering starting a YouTube about my car but I’m not sure I would gain a lot of traction for the build.

·
Registered
39 Posts
fitment industries is the way to go I currently run 18x8.5 +35mm and 225/40/18 kuhmo tires (slightly stretched SLIGHTLY), I plan to get BC or Ksport Coilovers (stay away from godspeed brand IMO) I just got my Megan racing muffler installed my Instagram is @BloomfieldProductions and I got my car at 17 aswell couldn’t drive it until I was 18. I’m currently the only one with the parts on my car in my city which is dope I’m 20 now just now getting into cars and I did all the wiring myself I was considering starting a YouTube about my car but I’m not sure I would gain a lot of traction for the build.
I heard XXR wheels crack easily too. I have Rotiform LAS-R wheels

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard XXR wheels crack easily too. I have Rotiform LAS-R wheels
Please do a YouTube channel that would be so helpful and exciting to watch, you never really see people building Camry’s of this generation and do you possibly have the link for Ksport coilovers ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
THERES ONE THING YOU NEED TO KNOW
The wheels on fitment industries have a Hub Bore usually larger than the 02-06 Camry’s hub bore which is 60.1mm the hub bore of my wheels was 70.1mm i think, and I had to buy a Hub Centric Ring to put the diameter down so I bought a 70.00mm to 60.01mm Hub Centric Ring to put in the center of the wheels and it worked perfectly because you want your wheels to be Hub Centric not lug centric

·
Registered
39 Posts
Please do a YouTube channel that would be so helpful and exciting to watch, you never really see people building Camry’s of this generation and do you possibly have the link for Ksport coilovers ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I’m trying to ball on a budget lol Maybe 1,100
Go to Fi and put ya car info in and set the max budget to 1100 and minimum to 900 should give you something nice. I paid 1100 for my Rotiform wheels and waited about 4 weeks before I got the money to balance them, and get tires put on, after that I put them on spent about 1500-1650 altogether tires, balancing, and labor was about 565 for me at pepboys

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Go to Fi and put ya car info in and set the max budget to 1100 and minimum to 900 should give you something nice. I paid 1100 for my Rotiform wheels and waited about 4 weeks before I got the money to balance them, and get tires put on, after that I put them on spent about 1500-1650 altogether tires, balancing, and labor was about 565 for me at pepboys
So the million dollar question would be could I run a setup like yours all the same but without coilovers ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
So the million dollar question would be could I run a setup like yours all the same but without coilovers ?
You could and not have any complications with the car have no rubbing or scrubbing on all 4 wheels, but you can run as big as 20s and still run Coilovers although I don’t recommend it you could. I plan to get Coilovers and lower the car maybe 1.5 inches 2 at most just to close my gap and I like the poke look so I might roll my fenders for flush fitment after adding a spacer (you do not need to do that) I like my car to be clean and done right not cambered to hell, cause it’s a camry not many people do things to these cars. I say keep it clean.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You could and not have any complications with the car have no rubbing or scrubbing on all 4 wheels, but you can run as big as 20s and still run Coilovers although I don’t recommend it you could. I plan to get Coilovers and lower the car maybe 1.5 inches 2 at most just to close my gap and I like the poke look so I might roll my fenders for flush fitment after adding a spacer (you do not need to do that) I like my car to be clean and done right not cambered to hell, cause it’s a camry not many people do things to these cars. I say keep it clean.
I think the tuck look works well with wheels that have a decent lip but the wheels I have I think the poked look would be right if done correctly try using Fi gallery to see what others are rocking and come up with if you wanna do something similar or a little different 💪🏾

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What spacers do you run on your setup ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
What spacers do you run on your setup ?
I don’t run spacers or Coilovers yet but I plan on running spacers when I do I’ll let you know what I run and I’ll post pictures for you. I’m really concerned about getting Coilovers because my current shocks and struts (right side rear) is leaking hydraulic fluid and I do not have the funds to be fixing it so I’ll just buy BC or Ksport Coilovers when I have the money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don’t run spacers or Coilovers yet but I plan on running spacers when I do I’ll let you know what I run and I’ll post pictures for you. I’m really concerned about getting Coilovers because my current shocks and struts (right side rear) is leaking hydraulic fluid and I do not have the funds to be fixing it so I’ll just buy BC or Ksport Coilovers when I have the money.
Any rubbing or scraping in your setup ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
None what so ever, and you can go up to like 20x9.5 with no rub or scraping
Bro I finally got my setup I got some XXR 527 18x8.75 +35 in Chronuim Black and pretty soon they will be wrapped in some 225/40/18’s what do you think ? Ik you said XXR where somewhat trash but I’m a broke boy lmk your honest opinion on the spec?

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bro I finally got my setup I got some XXR 527 18x8.75 +35 in Chronuim Black and pretty soon they will be wrapped in some 225/40/18’s what do you think ? Ik you said XXR where somewhat trash but I’m a broke boy lmk your honest opinion on the spec?
Bro they look sick!!!!!! Definitely post pics when they’re on the car! 18s are gonna sit beautifully grab some Coilovers or springs (I’m going springs I just bought brand new monroe OEM suspension) Lower the car maybe 1.5inches to close the gap and you got yourself one fine ass Camry man 💯

1 - 20 of 26 Posts