Toyota Nation Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Bro they look sick!!!!!! Definitely post pics when they鈥檙e on the car! 18s are gonna sit beautifully grab some Coilovers or springs (I鈥檓 going springs I just bought brand new monroe OEM suspension) Lower the car maybe 1.5inches to close the gap and you got yourself one fine ass Camry man 馃挴
That 8.75 should be maddddd flush too mine are 18x8 I believe +35 and I like a bit of poke on my car

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Bro they look sick!!!!!! Definitely post pics when they鈥檙e on the car! 18s are gonna sit beautifully grab some Coilovers or springs (I鈥檓 going springs I just bought brand new monroe OEM suspension) Lower the car maybe 1.5inches to close the gap and you got yourself one fine ass Camry man 馃挴
Do you think that鈥檚 there to wide

Registered
Ballers do not drive 4 door Toyota family sedans.

Your best bet is to stay with the stock size rims and get ones you like. Just like stiff short side walls do nothing for a car not designed for them or tuned for them. Ride will always be worse, handling will not improve much as in on a skid pad it would not make much difference. It will feel a bit more responsive and you will likely get more feedback but you will also get a lot more harshness in the car and through the steering. Add lowering coil springs and such and it get's even worse in terms of ride. You will be more prone to tire damage and rim damage. Your speedo will read off. I have modified cars and owned and driven actual sports cars and they are nice but not always the easiest to live with. I think at this point in history people can see through pimped out wheels it is not like it was when it first became a thing. Just like car audio is not what it once was, break dancing is not what it once was, CB radio is not what it once was and big wheels kind of lost their WOW effect once OEM's started putting them on everything even 4x4 trucks! Take a ride in a DONK some time then go over a set of railroad tracks in a Northern State that has cold winters with snow and tell me what you think. I had a Diamond Plymouth Laser and I had to crawl over railroad tracks even in Georgia were they are very nice usually and lightly rubbed the tire at a drive through multi-lane gas station and tore the sidewall of the tire. So big low profile tires are not what they are cut out to be and have a lot of done sides! The price to replace them is also not great! I guess it is too late now you will find out.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Do you think some original trd wheels will fit ? Maybe some 18x7.5 +45 ? Do you think they鈥檒l fit ? And is the offset good ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

Your best bet is to stay with the stock size rims and get ones you like. Just like stiff short side walls do nothing for a car not designed for them or tuned for them. Ride will always be worse, handling will not improve much as in on a skid pad it would not make much difference. It will feel a bit more responsive and you will likely get more feedback but you will also get a lot more harshness in the car and through the steering. Add lowering coil springs and such and it get's even worse in terms of ride. You will be more prone to tire damage and rim damage. Your speedo will read off. I have modified cars and owned and driven actual sports cars and they are nice but not always the easiest to live with. I think at this point in history people can see through pimped out wheels it is not like it was when it first became a thing. Just like car audio is not what it once was, break dancing is not what it once was, CB radio is not what it once was and big wheels kind of lost their WOW effect once OEM's started putting them on everything even 4x4 trucks! Take a ride in a DONK some time then go over a set of railroad tracks in a Northern State that has cold winters with snow and tell me what you think. I had a Diamond Plymouth Laser and I had to crawl over railroad tracks even in Georgia were they are very nice usually and lightly rubbed the tire at a drive through multi-lane gas station and tore the sidewall of the tire. So big low profile tires are not what they are cut out to be and have a lot of done sides! The price to replace them is also not great! I guess it is too late now you will find out.
Thank you but it鈥檚 what we do yeah it鈥檚 ridiculous but the satisfaction of seeing your car nice is 100% and i knows that with ownership of wheels that wide and aggressive comes problems but it鈥檚 what we do for fun I was well aware with the problems that might come ahead and I respect all builds it鈥檚 just what us car guys do nowadays but thank you I鈥檒l keep that in mind 馃憤馃徑

Registered

Not sure what old times stuff you鈥檙e referring to but the wheel size I run hasn鈥檛 given my Camry any problems, and improved handling lol, but go off鈥 further more tired with some meat can still be ran and any scraping can be fixed with a fender roll. 225/65/R18 Kuhmo Tires are a perfect match on my rotiforms and my car has just as much get up and go from when I bought it. I recently blew the motor but there鈥檚 a remanufactured long block 2azfe enroute to my mechanic. Furthermore lowering your car THE RIGHT WAY won鈥檛 have negative effects. I鈥檝e been in lowered cars that are smoother than already lowered super cars lol. I bought OEM Monroe suspension and I鈥檓 going to apply Megan racing 1.5鈥 lowering springs and a supercharger that I just sourced. It鈥檚 your build fam do what ya want 馃し馃従鈥嶁檪锔

21 - 26 of 26 Posts