Toyota Nation Forum banner

2005 Toyota solara 3.3L V6 F DOHC 24V oil leak question

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Marc2008solara 
#1 ·
I recently purchase this car, runs good but there is an oil leak,after inspecting the source I notice the the previews owner or someone as JB Weld the oil pan to attempt to stop the oil leak, I also notice the the leak is, not coming from the oil pan gasket,the JB Weld was not necessary because the oil leak is coming from above the oil pan and dripping down to the oil pan giving the allusion the the oil pan gasket was leaking.I have the necessary tools to remove the oil pan and the JB Weld, the question is how do I replace the leaking gasket ABOVE the oil pan? does anybody know the name of that part were the second gasket is( above the oil pan see photo ) and if even is possible to replace?
Thanks for replaying.

See less See more
#2 ·
I recently purchase this car, runs good but there is an oil leak,after inspecting the source I notice the the previews owner or someone as JB Weld the oil pan to attempt to stop the oil leak, I also notice the the leak is, not coming from the oil pan gasket,the JB Weld was not necessary because the oil leak is coming from above the oil pan and dripping down to the oil pan giving the allusion the the oil pan gasket was leaking.I have the necessary tools to remove the oil pan and the JB Weld, the question is how do I replace the leaking gasket ABOVE the oil pan? does anybody know the name of that part were the second gasket is( above the oil pan see photo ) and if even is possible to replace?
Thanks for replaying. View attachment 287690

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.