Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy my second Corolla (old one was a 1994) and would like your opinions on the new 2005 model over the 2004. I'm favouring the LE. Do you think changes are worth it? Can anyone share what they paid? I'm not sure how much I would save by looking at the 2004s they are clearing out. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sticker price for my 5spd 2004 Le was about $13,800.

I have no complaints other then the seats :mad: (See my thread on this page)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm hoping to buy this weekend, as they're giving away $450 PetroCanada cash cards with every purchase. The best price I've been quoted is $700 off the list price of $21,600 (LE). Is that a good deal?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also...if you're financing it and go with the 04 corolla you will get a 3.8% interest rate which saves you some money. I just took delivery of my Indigo Ink 04 Corolla S two days ago and love it! I got a great deal though because my wife is in sales at Jackson's Toyota in Barrie. If anyone in the Barrie area is looking for a good deal let me know and I will point you in her direction.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
05 Corolla has a different ignition system. It is much better than the 03/04 Corollas, 05 Corolla has standard electrical immobiizers, which 03/04s don't, 05 Corollas have electronic drive by wire throttle system (ECTS-i), noise insulation in the 05 Corollas are way better than the 03/04.

All in all, Toyota officially claimed there are 700 new parts in the 05 Corollas. If I were you, I would rather pay extra to get an 05 Corolla rather than the 04.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. We got the 2005 LE. We didn't want to spend that much, but the power windows, ABS and alloy wheels were just too irresistable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts