Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i know P0137 02 circuit low voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 2), the OEM part number, where it is exactly located (before or after cat converter) and how to replace.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,957 Posts

·
Registered
2004Toyota Camry V6
1,534 Posts
The rear bank on a V 6 is the #1 bank. I believe sensor #2 is the oxygen sensor which is located after the catalytic converter in the exhaust pipe before the Y. Another forum member can probably add to what you asking for. I would use an OEM sensor only. Sparkplugs.com carries a complete line.Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On 06 Camry 4 Cyl., YouTube one clip showed Oxygen sensor 2 before cat converter and another clip showed Oxygen sensor 3 after cat converter.
This is confusing, if someone can clarify.
thanks for replying all.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The reason being is that the air/fuel ratio sensor, which is located either at the top of the exhaust manifold, or right after the headers combine into one pipe, is also just a wide-band oxygen sensor; hence why they say sensors "2" and "3". The sensor you are looking for is after the warm-up or first catalyst; the 2006 Camry allegedly, according to Alldata, has two catalysts. Before you run-off and replace this sensor, you need to unplug the sensor, and check to make sure your voltages are correct on the harness side of the connector, and check for the correct resistance on the sensor-side of the connector. Once that is checked you will know whether or not the sensor requires replacement, or you have an issue somewhere along the harness, or a problem with the PCM. The PCM is the least-likely culprit. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are OEM O2 Sensors the same as Denso from RockAuto? Or do you specifically need to go to the dealership for these to not have issues. I am having a P0420 that I am fairly confident is an O2 sensor.

·
Registered
05 camry 07 tacoma
2,496 Posts
Yes, you can order from RockAuto.
If you don't have any other error codes and the O2 sensor is fluctuating from low to high then suspect cat converter losing its efficiency.
How many miles/year/type vehicle?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, you can order from RockAuto.
If you don't have any other error codes and the O2 sensor is fluctuating from low to high then suspect cat converter losing its efficiency.
How many miles/year/type vehicle?
2007 CE, 4cy, 275,000 miles, I'll check the fluctuations on my OBD that I just got. The CEL takes a long time to come on. Is DENSO OEM for these?

·
Registered
05 camry 07 tacoma
2,496 Posts
No, sensor with 275,000 probably needs to be changed.
The P0420 can be set intermittently.
Possible that cat was cleaned somehow to make it less likely to error.

The larger question is do you want to spend money on such a high mileage vehicle?
If you need to pass smog that's one thing otherwise if engine running good no need to be concerned with P0420.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would change the sensors. You have to spend money on a car whether or not it’s brand new, or thirty years old, or a hundred... so if you plan on using it for a while, replace them. The worse that can happen is you still get the P0420 code after replacing all the sensors, which would certainly tell you that you have another problem. Mine started tripping a month or two ago, no other symptoms, o2 sensors are original, car has 220k miles. If it comes back, I would rule out any issues with air, fuel, spark, mechanical, etc. Before throwing a new cat into it. Unless you have an obvious symptom, like a rattle coming from the exhaust/cats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
The I4 doesn't have a bank #.
And on inline engines with a single cylinder bank, the wording of this message is misleading, in my opinion.

I have yet to never encountered an inline engine with more than two oxygen sensors, one ahead of the catalytic converter (upstream) in the system, and one just behind it (downstream). The cluster of P01XX codes starts at P0130 for the O2 sensors and ends at P0147, and P0142 through P0147 are for cars that do have 3 sensors, not 2.

Though an inline 4 would have only two O2 sensors, the standard P codes will use a bank indicator.

P0137, Bank 1 - Sensor 2, is the downstream 02 sensor.

·
Registered
89 Posts
And on inline engines with a single cylinder bank, the wording of this message is misleading, in my opinion.

I have yet to never encountered an inline engine with more than two oxygen sensors, one ahead of the catalytic converter (upstream) in the system, and one just behind it (downstream). The cluster of P01XX codes starts at P0130 for the O2 sensors and ends at P0147, and P0142 through P0147 are for cars that do have 3 sensors, not 2.

Though an inline 4 would have only two O2 sensors, the standard P codes will use a bank indicator.

P0137, Bank 1 - Sensor 2, is the downstream 02 sensor.
There are three for the 2az-fe. At the top of the manifold is a wideband 02 sensor known as an "Air/Fuel Ratio sensor. Then you have your following 2. The Hybrid inline 4, I believe, has four. Later models with the inline four have possibly up to five, I'll have to research it, to watch the second catalyst. The 5th gen Camry's up to 2005 have a second un-monitored catalyst.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,957 Posts
There are three for the 2az-fe. At the top of the manifold is a wideband 02 sensor known as an "Air/Fuel Ratio sensor. Then you have your following 2. The Hybrid inline 4, I believe, has four. Later models with the inline four have possibly up to five, I'll have to research it, to watch the second catalyst. The 5th gen Camry's up to 2005 have a second un-monitored catalyst.
Gen 6 2AZ-FE Federal: Two sensors only.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts