Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Keys in cup holder of back armrest.

Armrest put in upright position.

Keys slide under bottom on back seat. :confused:

Manual says for seat removal go to dealer. :thumbdown

Before I do that does anyone out there know how to remove the bottom of the back seat. And if so, please email back directions on how to do it. :thumbup:

Thanks in advance. :)

Pete

·
Avalon Enthusiast
05Avalon, 03Mustang
1,197 Posts
If you are not planning to remove the cushion entirely from the car, you can skip step 1(b). Leave the seatback adjust cables in place and just slide the cushion forward to access the space underneath.

I've done several projects that required access behind/below the rear seat, and always just slid it forward.

·
Registered
110 Posts
would you happen to know how to put the backseat down? I was trying to last year when I bought a christmas tree but i was unable to. had to use my truck :eek:

·
'07 Avalon Limited
'07 Avalon Ltd
1,093 Posts
My 07 you can't put the seatback down. I have a dinky pass-through port behind the rear arm rest. I would assume your '06 is the same.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Tom in Tacoma said:
My 07 you can't put the seatback down. I have a dinky pass-through port behind the rear arm rest. I would assume your '06 is the same.
man, this sucks. i thought it would be able to since there's a big and small opening.

·
'07 Avalon Limited
'07 Avalon Ltd
1,093 Posts
Wait - let me clarify something. On mine the rear seats recline - that's why, from the trunk, it appears as though there's a larger opening. Not sure if yours is the same.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i think all the new avalons have reclining back seats. but still, i can't put them rear seats down to put something long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts