Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking back, I was very disappointed that there are virtually no real mods for the Rav4's. Since the 2006 Rav4 was introduced to North America at the SEMA autoshow, does that mean there are going to be lots of vendors coming up with stuff for that car? God I hope so. I plan on modding this car quite a bit including:

S2000 or TL HID projectors (depending if the high beam and low beam are on the same bulb)
Stereo upgrade
rear suspension stiffened
sway bars
front skid plate and bumper bar
replace the stock fog lights with yellow HID bulbs and ballast
side tube step bar
snowboard rack
supercharger
short ram intake
MSD ignition system
some sort of aftermarket exhaust

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Zoeth,
I'm busy tricking out my V6 Rav as well. I finally heard back from my inside guy at TRD and unfortunately they are not planning to release anything for the V6 Rav4 (No S/C, intakes, cat backs, nothing...) I've been begging them and even offering my vehicle for R&D. I'm very dissappointed since I've been a long time fan of TRD after running several of the previous TRD (Eaton) S/C units in all my 3.4's and 4.7L toyota SUVs (1998 4Runner, 2001 4runner and a 2002 landcruiser).
Anyway, I have yet to find anything more than a K&N filter (Just released) for engine performance on the V6 Rav and it has provide me no noticible improvement. I've already finished most of my body, wheel and suspension upgrades for my 07 3.5 Rav4 but there is nowhere to tie in pulleys to add an S/C. I'm now exploring turbocharger(s) and a custom cat back exhaust but will keep you posted what I find. We should trade notes as we seem to be on the same track.. Let me know if you find anything else for the engines... Thanks, Spankdster

1 - 4 of 4 Posts