Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from the looks of things they are pretty rare, i must be very lucky. i went out car shopping today and the toyota dealership down the road from my house had 1 new regular cab 4x4 just off the truck. they didnt even have time to put their crappy decals on there (the ones i usually peel off).

the salesman told me it was the only one in WV (i thought he as full of it until reading these forums). i will post some pics tomorrow, i just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.
 

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
Joined
·
793 Posts
congrats!! very nice truck.

-Mike
 

·
Toyota Fanboy
Joined
·
4,486 Posts
Regular cab 4x4s are getting somewhat rare. Most people opt for Xtracabs and DoubleCabs nowdays. If you are spending $20,000 on a regular cab 4x4, whats abother $5000 for a V6 and an Xtracab? :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Captain_Toyota said:
Regular cab 4x4s are getting somewhat rare. Most people opt for Xtracabs and DoubleCabs nowdays. If you are spending $20,000 on a regular cab 4x4, whats abother $5000 for a V6 and an Xtracab? :dunno:
What's $5,000 for a V6 and extra cab? A lot of money! To each their own, but I couldn't justify spending that much more on stuff I didn't need (but wanted). If I had the money I would have done it though.
 

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
Joined
·
188 Posts
Tacoma2005 said:
What's $5,000 for a V6 and extra cab? A lot of money! To each their own, but I couldn't justify spending that much more on stuff I didn't need (but wanted). If I had the money I would have done it though.

At 0%, you can add ~17.oo for every 1k on your loan. That comes out to 85.oo extra bucks. Dosent really sound like alot, until you figure that the ~17 is @ o%, and when most people are already streatching themselves for the 5oo+ a mo that most people are paying for their new trucks.

I totally agree with the want, but cant afford. :sosad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
in my case my credit wasnt perfect so that 5k would have added quite a bit AND i had traded in a 2002 chevy silvarado that i was in the hole on .. so i had to eat about 3k with my trade in.

also, i wanted the 4 banger for fuel economy and i dont really need the extra cab. that said if i had the money i would have prolly went for the v6/xtracab .. lol
 

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
Joined
·
4,913 Posts
I like my DubCab. I didn't even think twice about getting anything less.

Now 7 months into the truck, I kinda like the access cabs. I don't really carry passengers. I have had passengers in my truck about 7 times total in 7 months.

I should have got the access cab to save money and install a fat sound system. I should have fuckin' got an X-Runner. They had them in every color at my dealer!
 

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
Joined
·
5,554 Posts
ohh god lets get way way OT again here. hehehe

Nice seeing more Reg Cabs :thumbup: post up some pics
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
O% financing on Tacoma's?? With dealers barely able to keep these on the lot, where the heck are you getting financing from??


mcaanda said:

At 0%, you can add ~17.oo for every 1k on your loan. That comes out to 85.oo extra bucks. Dosent really sound like alot, until you figure that the ~17 is @ o%, and when most people are already streatching themselves for the 5oo+ a mo that most people are paying for their new trucks.

I totally agree with the want, but cant afford. :sosad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
TacoSport05 said:
O% financing on Tacoma's?? With dealers barely able to keep these on the lot, where the heck are you getting financing from??
no doubt. cough it up.
 

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
Joined
·
1,390 Posts
Regular cab small and midsize trucks with good 4x4 systems are virtually unstoppable offroad machines.

Trucks like that built the Toyota reputation.

If I didn't have a little one, I wouldn't have a DC.

Excellent choice! Have fun with the truck!!! See you in another 300k miles!
 

·
Toyota Fanboy
Joined
·
4,486 Posts
Im still single and dont have any kids, so for me Id probably go with a regular cab. However, most people figure that if you are going to spend $20,000 for a reg cab 4x4, why not go all out and get the V6 4x4 Xtracab? :dunno:
I can understand them money concerns, but if you are stretching yourself that thin every month, perhaps you should look into buying used.
I myself just love the looks of a regular cab truck. It just doesnt look right with a D-cab when the cab is just as long (or longer) than the bed.
However, a lot of people have families and like to take stuff with them that they dont want to thow in the bed, and thats why Xtracabs and D-cabs outsell regular cabs 10-1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
grizwald said:
from the looks of things they are pretty rare, i must be very lucky. i went out car shopping today and the toyota dealership down the road from my house had 1 new regular cab 4x4 just off the truck. they didnt even have time to put their crappy decals on there (the ones i usually peel off).

the salesman told me it was the only one in WV (i thought he as full of it until reading these forums). i will post some pics tomorrow, i just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.
Congrats Man I hope you enjoy it like I enjoy my reg cab 4x4!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
I love my double cab, especially after owning a '99 extended cab Tacoma. But nothing wrong with a single cab either. All that matters is that you like it and it fits your needs.

Hope you enjoy your new truck!

Count
 

·
Registered
2005 Tacoma 4X4 Reg
Joined
·
2 Posts
I've got a 2005 Tacoma Reg Cab 4X4 in black. $5k is alot! Why not spend another $7K on top of that and get a Tundra? Everyone needs a $600 Truck Payment :D
 

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
Joined
·
5,554 Posts
jmstdenis said:
I've got a 2005 Tacoma Reg Cab 4X4 in black. $5k is alot! Why not spend another $7K on top of that and get a Tundra? Everyone needs a $600 Truck Payment :D

yep... this is one reason I opted for a reg cab. I traded in a 97 pathfinder se. They gave me $6000. My payment at 5.4% is 270$ a month. :thumbup: Like mstdenis said. Why not just get a tundra then ? lol

Get what suits your needs. Even though I should have bought an extended cab :bash:
 

·
Official Misfit
2006
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
mine is perfect for me.

06 access 4x2 with a I4 and 5 speed.

no need for 4x4. only two or three bad snows per year, and i don't off road

don't need the V6, i've got a sports car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
Tundras are for old men and construction workers and ranchers. Tacomas have personality and attitude; yet they're refined and sporty.

Right now you can get a Tundra cheaper than a Tacoma. They're clearing out the '06 models in anticipation of the new '07s.

I would never own a full-size truck. I would never own a Tundra. But that's just me.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top