Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where's the best dealer in california to get a basic model 2006 tacoma. my boy checked in santa cruz and they wanted $16,200. out the door, basically, list plus some unwanted little value options. i'm guessing you can get one for about $15,000 out the door. tia, chuck

·
Chicks dig it...!
'06 Tacoma EC Sport
1,893 Posts
for starters, www.edmonds.com lists the invoice, MSRP and regional average selling prices in their TMV section. The best dealer is going to be the one that matches your price. That means any dealer could wind up being the best dealer...

·
Registered
317 Posts
charlie9g said:
... my boy checked in santa cruz and they wanted $16,200...
Do you mean your son is living in NorCal? If so, is it near santa cruz? There are few members in Bay area maybe able to recommend dealers. Also, like novataco suggested, you should prepare yourself with price info from edmunds.com

·
Registered
66 Posts
A friend of mine is shopping for a basic Tacoma, tried 15K out the door and it didn't work. Later he was contacted at 15,700 out the door. Still hasn't bought yet. This was in Sacramento area.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I dunno if I got the "best"price, but I thought I did okay.
2006 2wd (nonprerunner) accesscab sr5(2), $18,500.
msrp was 19,910.00

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
charlie9g said:
where's the best dealer in california to get a basic model 2006 tacoma. my boy checked in santa cruz and they wanted $16,200. out the door, basically, list plus some unwanted little value options. i'm guessing you can get one for about $15,000 out the door. tia, chuck
I run the BAY.

If you are looking for dealers in the BAY AREA, there are a couple that have FAT INVENTORIES.

Stevens Creek Toyota in Santa Clara/San Jose
Fremont Toyota in Fremont
Hayward Toyota in Hayward

These dealers have LOTS of Trucks.

I don't know about prices though. If you come with cash I think they will be able to work the deal you want.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bay Area Dealers

I second these dealers, especially Fremont Toyota and Stevens Creek. Both these places MOVE vehicles and have HUGE inventories. If they don't have what you want, it would be pretty easy for them to do a dealer trade or order your truck.

Fremont Toyota is 2 miles from NUMMI, so if they have to order your truck, your lead time should be pretty short. This is where I got mine. My truck was built on a Tuesday, I picked it up Thursday.

Stevens Creek is a little further, but shouldn't take any more time to get to them from the factory.

In either case, go armed with Edmunds.com info AND deal with the fleet manager. I know that the guy down at Stevens Creek actually used to be the manager at Fremont (Sam Kreitam).

These are the two dealers the NUMMI folks go to when they buy their cars. If you deal with anyone else than the fleet managers when you have your edmunds.com stuff, get ready to waste your time. The managers just want to sell vehicles, so they cut the crap out of car buying. You deal with the "slick'sters," they're gonna pull every line out of their pitch book to sell you a truck, even if its not the color/ configuration you originally wanted.

BTW, I ran FAT in the translator, didn't work :lol: (inside joke from another thread)

NorCalTacoma said:
I run the BAY.

If you are looking for dealers in the BAY AREA, there are a couple that have FAT INVENTORIES.

Stevens Creek Toyota in Santa Clara/San Jose
Fremont Toyota in Fremont
Hayward Toyota in Hayward

These dealers have LOTS of Trucks.

I don't know about prices though. If you come with cash I think they will be able to work the deal you want.

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
I bought mine from Toyota 101 in Redwood City, the guy was will to work to get me what I wanted. The Stevens Creek Guys couldn't be bothered to reply, just quoted what they had at a higher price than 101. Did all my dealing over the net, got a lower price than Edmunds said I should have for our area. No BS, go in sign papers, leave with truck. Supposedly a no sales commission dealership

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
RTFM said:
I bought mine from Toyota 101 in Redwood City, the guy was will to work to get me what I wanted. The Stevens Creek Guys couldn't be bothered to reply, just quoted what they had at a higher price than 101. Did all my dealing over the net, got a lower price than Edmunds said I should have for our area. No BS, go in sign papers, leave with truck. Supposedly a no sales commission dealership
You were lucky!

Every time I look at their lot, they have SHIT for selection.

Great service department. Their sales department is great too, I agree with you. :thumbup:
They don't have much selection though. :thumbdown

1 - 10 of 10 Posts