Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Insurance will not replace convertible window that shattered, and I have been using a tarp for protection when it rains (which is a pain) however someone said that if it rains in the area where top folds down into, there is a “drain hole” and not to worry. Will water drain from that area or is it going to fill up if I don’t cover the open window area? I’m really just trying to get my car to keep running for another year before getting another vehicle and am going to replace the glass with clear vinyl. It’s been a wonderful car!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Unfortunately in order to replace the glass, it requires a 'new' canvas top with the glass. I'm told that the glass is installed with special processes when the top is made and can't be replaced separately. I'M TOLD Seems that we are stuck with this scenario unless someone knows of a different resource for glass replacements. About the water intrusion, there are some drains within the body that can relieve most of the water but you MAY hear some sloshing while driving in heavy downpours. (Don't ask me how I know this) Just be aware that should the water remain within the car body for a short time, the foam seats/sound insulations will suck up the water an you will begin to see evidence of MOLD on the seats, rubber, etc. and depending on your health it MAY cause you some breathing issues. It will also create a fogging issue on the interior glass and plastics when the temperatures changes. You can easily remove the back seat cushion (pull the front straight upwards) and also the spare tire well for standing water and you will see a few rubber drain plugs in the bottom floor in both areas. Hope this helps you out some.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Bedbug
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing