Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

We have a 06' Tundra Sr5 4.7L, bought brand new from dealer in 2006. Kept it well maintained oil changes, pcv valves, filters, and other easy self maintenance parts. After doing a couple of oil changes we noticed that the oil level was always low upon oil changes, like on the low end of the dip stick or almost not showing. So after every oil change and driving it for awhile we always add some more oil to it. The problem still exists now and there doesn't seem to any signs of oil leakage anywhere in the engine bay or underneath. Maybe we just didn't look in the correct spots. So if anyone else experience this problem or knows of if it would be great to know what is the problem or any at all.

There is no black smoke at the tail pipe either the oil just disappears. In older cars the oil level does drop but the truck only has about 80k on it.

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Toyota ASE/L1Master
2004 Tundra
5 Posts
Well if it isn't external then its internal. That much oil its def getting by the rings. Have you personally done all of the oil changes yourself? It may of been dry started elsewhere and you would never know. Those engines burn zero oil to my knowledge. Yours would be the first I've ever seen without foul play.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts