Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the instructions for programming a new remote for a 2006 tundra? Got the truck pre-owned and it only came with one remote. Bought a new remote and hoped to save some $$ by programming it myself. Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know on my last toyota you had to do a series of button pushing after setting the key to like all the way on, back to off then to acc - then a series of button pushing to setup the remote with the cars code. Someone whould know the exact sequence and so forth - if not any dealer should be able to help you out - maybe evne on the phone.

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE
42 Posts
Does anyone have the instructions for programming a new remote for a 2006 tundra? Got the truck pre-owned and it only came with one remote. Bought a new remote and hoped to save some $$ by programming it myself. Thanks in advance for any info.
Be careful where you buy replacement remotes from. I bought one on eBay for my dad's 06 tundra and took it to a technician I personally know at the dealer to program it with the computer and he told me the remote isn't any good and couldn't be programmed. Luckily my dad still had the original remote so I just changed the internals from the original remote to the new remote.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts