Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The directions are in the video that i made.. U cant really hear much of a difference over the camera. But there is defiantly a deeper tone from the interior during hard acceleration, and free reving. Its much more responsive, and seems to accelorate better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL0c2yXZ6uQ

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear ya, it sounds good. I cant wait to get my intake in. well have to get a ny/nj meet soon
yea, for now mines leased but im planing to buy it out at the end of the term. So untill then i didnt want to get to radical with mods. U should try that bypass atleast untill you get your intake. Youll be suprized at the difference

·
Mr. Ed
582 Posts
with that bypass, is there any negative downside to it? even from the littlest thing

i talked to my friend n he mentioned that it might cause me to loose some mileages due to power related issue cause the car is sucking in so much air

hmm..of course i want to hear what everyone thinks about this but also, what TRDVVTi says too lol

·
Cathode Protector
07 SE V6
496 Posts
Just FYI, that is not an intake install. That is a drop in air filter install. I have this same mod done ( the drop in) and I think your vid will be helpful to many. I am just pointed out that they are two different things. Later.

·
Mr. Ed
582 Posts
install it? install what? the K&N drop in filter? theres no down fall to that at all, its jux like the factory air filter but better, last longer and it is reusable, no down fall

about the whole air valve being constantly open? i believe the only down fall would be less mpg? i might be wrong

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,233 Posts
install it? install what? the K&N drop in filter? theres no down fall to that at all, its jux like the factory air filter but better, last longer and it is reusable, no down fall

about the whole air valve being constantly open? i believe the only down fall would be less mpg? i might be wrong
I know about changing the filters as I always swap the original filter for a K&N but I was referring to routing the hose as shown in youtube video.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm new to this stuff and have a 08 V6 SE. What do you mean by "better" than stock air filter? Better in mpg? or Torque and HP? If there is a difference in power is there a dyno?

Also how much and where did you guys get your filter? I looked at k&n website and it says 59$ but some people said you can get it cheaper.

I also would like to know about rerouting the hose like you did. What are the potential side effects? Surely toyota wouldn't have a 2nd hose if it hinder performance and wasn't necessary right?

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,233 Posts
This thread is about intakes, not drop in filters.
If you took the time to take a look at the video in the first post and read the other posts in this thread, the OP used a drop-in filter and replaced the OEM version. This has nothing to do with K&N SRI's, Fujita's or building a custom intake that replaces the actual air box.

Also, I was answering previous posters question.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Just FYI, that is not an intake install. That is a drop in air filter install. I have this same mod done ( the drop in) and I think your vid will be helpful to many. I am just pointed out that they are two different things. Later.
If you took the time to take a look at the video in the first post and read the other posts in this thread, the OP used a drop-in filter and replaced the OEM version. This has nothing to do with K&N SRI's, Fujita's or building a custom intake that replaces the actual air box.

Also, I was answering previous posters question.

D'oh. That's what I get for not paying attention and posting while reading other stuff :hammer:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.